DGT Neck Profile Comparison?

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Hi,

Was wondering how one might compare the neck profile of a PRS DGT guitar with other neck profiles. What is the closest approximation of the DGT's neck profile to something else that PRS makes?

Hi,

Was wondering how one might compare the neck profile of a PRS DGT guitar with other neck profiles. What is the closest approximation of the DGT's neck profile to something else that PRS makes?
Check out this thread. There are also links in this thread to 3 or 4 other threads that contain some info.

The DGT nut is slightly more narrow than the others. Something about the carve makes it feel narrower still, not quite sure what it is.

Neck Shape Neck Width at Nut Neck width at BodyNeck Depth at 1/2 FretNeck Depth at 12 1/2 Fret

DGT 1 21/32" [42.06]2 7/32" [56.337]27/32" [21.41]61/64" [24.20]

Pattern Reg1 21/32" [42.06]2 1/4" [57.15]27/32" [21.41]59/64" [23.39]

This is what represents the DGT and pattern regular neck profiles. Pattern Regular is close, though slightly wider and shallower at body and 12-½ fret...

The Warmoth boat neck with a 1.65 nut width is the closest they have to a DGT profile.

I have one on a Tele. It's similar but with a bit more V shape down low in the one I got.

The Warmoth boat neck with a 1.65 nut width is the closest they have to a DGT profile.

I have one on a Tele. It's similar but with a bit more V shape down low in the one I got.

Thought boat necks were 1" 12th fret sofv v?

Nope Pattern is 1/32 wider all the way up the neck

Specs posted above show dgt less wide at the body by 1/32" than pattern regular, but thicker front-back past the 12th.

Never held one but sounds interesting. I like pattern regular and prefer the bigger frets.

Back