Dealer changed tone pot on new SE?

I just bought a new PRS SE custom 24 35th anniversary. After 5 minutes at home playing the tone knob stopped effecting the sound when turning it. A buzzing sound started in the amp also. The buzz remained and tone knob didn't work when turning it.
My local dealer changed the tone pot to an original PRS tone pot and said it was an upgrade. The tone knob got higher by some millimeters (some spacers to make it fit I suppose...) Volume and tone know are uneven so to say. The whole thing feels a bit dodgy. Expensive guitar and all. Any thoughts on this. Who do I know that work is done properly? Cheers Jimmy

Thanks ! Im getting a lot of hum/buzz from this one aswell. Increasing when touching height adjustment screws on microphones. Also increasing when electronics is warmed up.. think I need to return this one to the store for good...

Thanks ! Im getting a lot of hum/buzz from this one aswell. Increasing when touching height adjustment screws on microphones. Also increasing when electronics is warmed up.. think I need to return this one to the store for good...
Get a new without all that mess. No reason to be repairing a new instrument.

Back