Current Schaller S-Locks

MrBollie

Recently got a PRS CE24 and believe it or not, after squeezing a leather strap over the pins, for some reason, the strap would come off easily at certain angles. Since I thought about equipping all my other guitars with S-Locks, it seems to be a solution to my problem.

My question now is: Has anyone installed the S-Locks with the 4mm pins? Do I need to redrill? I've read somewhere, PRS comes with 3.5mm screws and yes, Schaller offers smaller 3,5mm pins. But they won't get here before my next rehearsal. :( The locks itself however will.

Thanks!
Bollie

Recently got a PRS CE24 and believe it or not, after squeezing a leather strap over the pins, for some reason, the strap would come off easily at certain angles. Since I thought about equipping all my other guitars with S-Locks, it seems to be a solution to my problem.

My question now is: Has anyone installed the S-Locks with the 4mm pins? Do I need to redrill? I've read somewhere, PRS comes with 3.5mm screws and yes, Schaller offers smaller 3,5mm pins. But they won't get here before my next rehearsal. :( The locks itself however will.

Thanks!
Bollie
I have the new S Locks on 5 of mine, and did not re-drill any of them. Nor was it tougher than normal to screw them in.

I have 3 sets of S-Locks installed on my core PRS guitars so far, and plan to keep using them in the future. In fact I might retrofit the guitars that have squeaky old-school Schaller locks. No badness from them here!

I just installed on SE A55, easily finger tightened almost all the way in using existing thread grooves.
A trick on reinstalling wood screws is to turn the screw backwards until you feel it drop into the existing thread groove.

Ok, screws are in, strap is locked. I can confirm, the screws fit perfectly without re-drilling.

Also I have to say, it was like the marriage of two perfect worlds. There's PRS on one side... You remove the stock pins and you notice, they even have prepared the finish in a way the screws can't crack it. And there's Schaller: Even the thread has a lock itself and I like the pins keeps the strap away from the instrument.

I like when companies take care of the smallest details you don't even notice on first sight. And this is also where the CE24 is miles away from my SE Tremonti.

Anyway, thank you guys for your input! It worked perfectly. :)

S Locks are great have them on all of mine

Even my acoustics now. There is an adaptor for the strap button that the 1/4 cable goes in from Sweetwater.

Back