Curious, what's your amplifier of choice?

Don't play live anymore, but when i did my main amp was a 100 watt Mesa Boogie DC 10, which i still own.
Being more of an at home studio player now, my go to is my Ceriatone AH 100 deluxe. Amp just rips!
Close second would be my Ceriatone Chupacabra that i had custom specd to match the headfirst cali amp.
Both in that modded marshall realm, but 2 very different animals.
I really wish Ceriatone had a state-side showroom.

I really wish Ceriatone had a state-side showroom.
Yeah, each time when deciding what amp to order i spent countless hours listening to youtube videos of the different models i was interested in. You can only glimpse so much from those videos though, so i hear ya. Being able to go and try them out would be nice. BUT, i can honestly say i have never been disappointed with any of the amps i have ever ordered from Ceriatone. I have only ever sold off one of them, and that was really more because I didn't truly understand how to dial the amp in. Once I learned a little more about how all of the features on the amp worked in conjunction with each other, i instantly regretted ever selling the amp.

There stuff really is untouchable IMO, The price to quality is off the charts. Nik and his team build some beautiful amps, that sound phenomenal, and are a work of art on the inside. Have you ever seen gut shots of Ceriatone amps? You can see the quality of the build.

You can also have them customize the amps to your liking as well. Recently ordered a Chupacabra from them, I knew it was based on the fortin Cali mod, so i figured it had to be pretty close layout wise to the Headfirst Cali, so i downloaded the schematics from the Headfirst cali and asked nik if he could spec my chupa like the headfirst, which was a little more vintage sounding, and he gladly accommodate, stating he thinks his component values were closer to the original Fortin layout, but he would gladly respec this one to the headfirst. Amp turned out phenomenal.

Yeah, each time when deciding what amp to order i spent countless hours listening to youtube videos of the different models i was interested in. You can only glimpse so much from those videos though, so i hear ya. Being able to go and try them out would be nice. BUT, i can honestly say i have never been disappointed with any of the amps i have ever ordered from Ceriatone. I have only ever sold off one of them, and that was really more because I didn't truly understand how to dial the amp in. Once I learned a little more about how all of the features on the amp worked in conjunction with each other, i instantly regretted ever selling the amp.

There stuff really is untouchable IMO, The price to quality is off the charts. Nik and his team build some beautiful amps, that sound phenomenal, and are a work of art on the inside. Have you ever seen gut shots of Ceriatone amps? You can see the quality of the build.

You can also have them customize the amps to your liking as well. Recently ordered a Chupacabra from them, I knew it was based on the fortin Cali mod, so i figured it had to be pretty close layout wise to the Headfirst Cali, so i downloaded the schematics from the Headfirst cali and asked nik if he could spec my chupa like the headfirst, which was a little more vintage sounding, and he gladly accommodate, stating he thinks his component values were closer to the original Fortin layout, but he would gladly respec this one to the headfirst. Amp turned out phenomenal.
I've gone so far as to watch videos from YouTube amp tech Psionic Audio...the good, the bad. Overall, they definitely have great feedback.

What does the 'AH' stand for? Am I right in assuming, it's like a Friedman BE clone?

I've gone so far as to watch videos from YouTube amp tech Psionic Audio...the good, the bad. Overall, they definitely have great feedback.

What does the 'AH' stand for? Am I right in assuming, it's like a Friedman BE clone?
yes it is a BE esk clone. AH stands for the same thing BE stands for. lol
It's such a great sounding amp. Not exactly like a BE, i always says it sounds like a not so polite BE. More raw sounding.

How is the buying process for the Ceriatones?
I have ordered both ways. My AH deluxe was ordered through guitaramps usa. No issues whatsoever.
And my Chupa was ordered direct through ceriatone, again Zero issues.
You email asking questions or for updates, and Nik responds usually same day if you catch it at the right time of day. and if not same day then with in 24 hrs.

yes it is a BE esk clone. AH stands for the same thing BE stands for. lol
It's such a great sounding amp. Not exactly like a BE, i always says it sounds like a not so polite BE. More raw sounding.
BE...AH... I got it now...lol.

Little tone monster, does pretty much all I need for MY tone.
MjUbPkw.jpeg

I like it enough to have another one I housed in a home made 1X12" cab, for the summer cottage.
wdirto1.jpeg

Yeah, one would think Dave might grow up and stop naming these amps for the Jr. High crowd. But one would be wrong...

+3 - After All, It Is Dave Friedman.

Thankfully he makes very good sounding amps. I feel like the one I have has the least offensive name of the ones he has produced. I have the Twin Sister.

Thankfully he makes very good sounding amps. I feel like the one I have has the least offensive name of the ones he has produced. I have the Twin Sister.
On paper, he should be one of my favorite amp makers and I should own at least 1-2 of his amps. The naming is enough to turn me off to the brand. I have voted with my $$
+3 - After All, It Is Dave Friedman.
I’m not sure what that means, and assume you know more about him than I do. I have read a few articles about him but largely have just ignored the brand. And yes, some of his names aren’t so bad, but others are enough to turn me off to the brand.

On paper, he should be one of my favorite amp makers and I should own at least 1-2 of his amps. The naming is enough to turn me off to the brand. I have voted with my $$

I’m not sure what that means, and assume you know more about him than I do. I have read a few articles about him but largely have just ignored the brand. And yes, some of his names aren’t so bad, but others are enough to turn me off to the brand.
Oh I Do...

I Am Not Too Shy As Everybody Knows But On This One I Will Just Smile, Bite My Tongue And Go With The Lessons My Grandmother Raised Me With. :)

Back