Confirm a CE-24 for me??

tonyvenn

Hi all...

Can someone confirm for me that ALL 2008 CE-24's were alder back and maple tops?

I have the MODCAT, but it only confirms "top wood". I want to be 100% sure before I make a deal.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi all.....

Thanks for the replies.

The info supplied....I know all that already. I was just looking to confirm that ALL 2008's (when they did that one year switch back to the original recipe) were alder-body.

I sent an email off to PRS Cust Service to see if their records could help any.

Thanks all..............

T.

Hi all.....

Thanks for the replies.

The info supplied....I know all that already. I was just looking to confirm that ALL 2008's (when they did that one year switch back to the original recipe) were alder-body.

Thanks all..............

T.
PRS Customer Service can help you out - Especially if you know the serial number of the guitar in question.

Hi all.....

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks all..............

T.

Here is a 2008 that clearly has a mahogany back, so no, not all 2008 CE guitars had an alder body:
https://reverb.com/item/146119-prs-ce-24-maple-top-2008-scarlet-red

I'll try to remember to check the PRS Electric Guitar Book tonight to see if it says anything about it.

That sure seems like a deal on that guitar. Not that I've followed prices of CE's lately so take that with a grain of salt. It sure is pretty though!

Finally remembered to check the PRS book. In 2008, they had two flavors of CE 24:

CE 24 Alder, which was solid alder body.
CE 24 Maple Top, which was maple top with mahogany back.

Back