Channel switching

Jemdee

Hi. My H series head is having channel switching issues. Using the footswitch, the head stopped switching to the lead channel. I would pull the footswitch jack out of the head and back in. This worked a couple times and then not at all. At this time, I tried the channel selector switch on the head itself and still would not switch from clean to lead. The next day I fired up the head and the channel selector switch was able to switch back and forth between clean and lead. I did not leave the head on long enough to really heat up or to see if the channel selector switch or footswitch would fail with time. When the amp switched channels, I had both blue and red led's working. Now I'm only getting the clean channel and blue led. Any insights or suggestions?

Contacting customer service is your best bet. Sounds internal if the switch on the amp is also acting up.

Stinks like a bad relay considering both the footswitch and panel switch have a problem.
I agree but here's the latest development. The channel switching is back but when I switch channels there is a "pop" sound. This pop occurs every time I switch back and forth, the pop sound decreasing in volume withe every switch until it disappears altogether ( about 15-20 switches). The pop sounds like electrical discharge. Then , if I leave the amp on and alone for a 30-60 minutes, the "popping" starts all over again when switching, repeating the dissipation cycle.

Back