CE tremolo upgrade opinions???

Fro

I have a '16 CE that stays in tune well but the cheap looking trem & saddles on an otherwise great looking guitar just bugs me. I'm contemplating either replacing the trem or dressing it up with a ManneMade upgrade kit.
For those of you who have replaced their trem with a Mannmade NOS unit, and those of you who have bought the Mannmade SE/S2/CE trem upgrade kit, what's your opinion on which way I should go?

This for $225:
https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/PRS..._p/2000nos.htm
This for $150:
https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/Blo...ade_p/2059.htm
Or just this for $109:
https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/product_p/acc-4021.htm

The NOS units are top notch. I prefer them cosmetically over the stock PRS units, as I feel the one piece design has a cleaner look. Functionally they are the same, but some including myself feel there are some tonal differences, not for better or worse.

The NOS units are top notch. I prefer them cosmetically over the stock PRS units, as I feel the one piece design has a cleaner look. Functionally they are the same, but some including myself feel there are some tonal differences, not for better or worse.

I'm with CS here. I bought two of the NOS units when I did my CE projects. Love them!

You should absolutely replace ("upgrade") the bridge, tuners and nut on that new $2K guitar.
Maybe pickups and electronics too....
Seriously....

Yes, the one piece NOS is awesome, I put it on my SE CU24 30th.
Huge improvement over the stock SE bridge.
Not sure if the upgrade kit would get you close as I haven't tried it.

It's his guitar, he can do whatever he wants to it. (I've certainly done plenty of mods myself, whether they were needed or just to make me happy!)
I wonder how many of you can decipher the true meaning of my prior post...???

*sorry for the derail.... :)

It's all cool. The stock trem works perfectly fine and I doubt changing to a Mannmade will have any tonal change. It'll be totally for looks. The stock trem just looks cheep.
A best case scenario would be finding a used trem in great shape on Reverb or eBay.

Id stay patient and keep checking reverb for a stock trem also. I needed one because the used Custom 24 i had was owned by a 6-screw fiddler, i spent probably 8-9 days checking reverb and a mint 2012 one came up for 160. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Id stay patient and keep checking reverb for a stock trem also. I needed one because the used Custom 24 i had was owned by a 6-screw fiddler, i spent probably 8-9 days checking reverb and a mint 2012 one came up for 160. It was just what the doctor ordered.

For not much more you can buy the nos mann trem and have brand new trem and saddles. My opinion

For not much more you can buy the nos mann trem and have brand new trem and saddles. My opinion

Id much rather have a PRS bridge, especially like the one i got that had no noticeable use whatsoever, it was esentially new. Plus the mannmade bridge has said it was sold out for the last year on his site. I know you can pay and get in line but i do not pay for anything without at least being given an expected date of delivery, "soon" is not good enough to pay for.

Id much rather have a PRS bridge, especially like the one i got that had no noticeable use whatsoever, it was esentially new. Plus the mannmade bridge has said it was sold out for the last year on his site. I know you can pay and get in line but i do not pay for anything without at least being given an expected date of delivery, "soon" is not good enough to pay for.

#12ReptilianNosewood, Today at 9:48 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTALLY NOT TRUE !!!
The 2000NOS bridge is USUALLY in stock and ready to order.
Most orders are shipped within 24 hours of receiving the order.
And they are also new production, not old, used or re-furbished bridges.

If and when they are out of stock, we always publish a ready date, which is usually less than 30 days.

TOTALLY NOT TRUE !!! The 2000NOS bridge is USUALLY in stock and ready to order.
Most orders are shipped within 24 hours of receiving the order.
And they are also new production, not old, used or re-furbished bridges.

If and when they are out of stock, we always publish a ready date, which is usually less than 30 days.

I can vouch for this! I've ordered 2 NOS Trems and had them ship right away. I've also ordered 7 - 2300 bridges. The two that were color (1 black and 1 gold) I had to wait to get back from being plated. Roxanne was up front with that, and even provided an ETA. In both those cases, it was a couple of weeks.

In stock now...... https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2000NOS

I'm quite sure you'll notice a tonal difference with the MannMade bridge. You're changing materials for both the saddles and the block. It may not be not night and day, but it'll make a difference.

One functionally superior thing I like about the MannMade is that the ball ends of the strings mount deeper in the block, so the reinforced part of the strings go across the top edge.

And remember, the MannMade is the original PRS trem. The SE trem is a pretty nice unit, though.

Back