CE 24 - 2016 vs. 2017 fretboard question

jds22

Hey all, kind of a weird question.

Does anybody know if there should be any difference in the fretboard edges between the 2016 and 2017 models?

The reason I ask is that I've tried a few 2017 models in stores and to me, it seemed like the fretboard edges were slightly rolled. Last week I tried a used 2016 model and it seemed like the fretboard edges were kind of squared off, not rolled at all. Unfortunately there wasn't a new '17 for me to compare.

Was I just imagining this?

I know it seems like a minor thing but it kept me from pulling the trigger on the used one.

Thanks

Not aware of that as a change.

Were they not actually rolled, or is it a chance that particular guitar's neck had shrunk a little over time causing the frets to feel closer to the edge?

The fret edges felt fine, no sharp ends, so I don't think there was any shrinkage. It was the edge of the fretboard itself that felt and looked different from the new '17 models I had tried.
At least that's how I remember it. Or I could be completely wrong which my wife tells me happens often. :)

In my limited time playing PRS the only constant I've noticed is constant change. IMO, they're constantly looking for ways to improve their product. IMO, new models have the biggest potential for improvements as they work the kinks out of the production line.

On my own guitars I've noted differences between 2015 and 2017 model years.

Back