Can you help me identify this guitar?

Syne7

Hello,

I bouth this PRS electric guitar about 9 years ago, but am just getting around to really focusing on it. I generally play acoustic, but my youngest daughter is just stariting to play and wants to be an electric player.

My guess is it's a 2009 PRS Custom 22.

uDNp0f8.jpg

qim5Sza.jpg

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you could share.

Jason

Part of a special artist limited run called “killer quilts”, they have the original “Un-etched” 57/08 pickups. The bodies or necks were Korina too. I remember these vividly...because I stupidly sold mine...don’t make the same mistake. Great guitars.

Part of a special artist limited run called “killer quilts”, they have the original “Un-etched” 57/08 pickups. The bodies or necks were Korina too. I remember these vividly...because I stupidly sold mine...don’t make the same mistake. Great guitars.

I generally buy the best I can afford at the time and keep what I have. I bought this to get into electric guitars then got distracted wtih deployments and focused on acoustic when I got back. No I am ready to dive into electric with my youngest, looks like this is a quality piece to have. I will dig out the case under the stairs and see if the documentation says anyhting helpful.

I really appreciate the quick feedback.

Jason

Wow, what a beautiful guitar! You, sir, have good taste!

That should be the prototype for the forum guitar. :)

That should be the prototype for the forum guitar. :)

It would be nice to have a quilt top but it probably won't have the same trem and tuners, also will have 24 frets, probably solid inlays and of course different switching options being a 24-08. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the 85/15 PU's too - closer together than this, so apart from the overall 'shape' and, maybe the colour/quilt, I can't see it being too similar.

That being said, this does look like an incredible example of a 2009 Custom 22.

"It would be nice to have a quilt top but it probably won't have the same trem and tuners, also will have 24 frets, probably solid inlays and of course different switching options being a 24-08. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the 85/15 PU's too - closer together than this, so apart from the overall 'shape' and, maybe the colour/quilt, I can't see it being too similar."

I do prefer the solid inlays...

Jason

Back