Can this be fixed? Headstock

David Grantham

Hi everyone, I was wondering if the PTC can fix this and a couple of very tiny nicks on the maple binding of my Hollowbody II? Does it require a refinish? Thanks for any help. It is much appreciated. :)

I think you will have to send photos to the PTC & ask them David. My guess is that they will want to refinish the whole thing, as repairs can become pretty subjective on theses types of things. You can prolly find a local Luthiers who will drop fill it. However, You will be able to see the drop fill. Not likely to be glaring (depends on Luthier skill), but you will still be able to see it!

I think you will have to send photos to the PTC & ask them David. My guess is that they will want to refinish the whole thing, as repairs can become pretty subjective on theses types of things. You can prolly find a local Luthiers who will drop fill it. However, You will be able to see the drop fill. Not likely to be glaring (depends on Luthier skill), but you will still be able to see it!
Thanks for the advice Mark. I love the original color (violin Amber) but with the opportunity to change it up......could be time for something more radical. :) I don't have anything green at the moment. Jade might be fun! :)

Last edited:
Back