Best Live Album?

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
What is your favorite live album? There are a few fave's for me...Frampton Comes Alive, Kiss Alive, REO Speedwagon, Mother's Finest.... They were what I grew up on. Had a special place in my heart. What I'm listening to now & REALLY diggin' are 2 Joe Bonamassa discs. Royal Albert Hall & Live at the Beacon. I think the later is my current fave. Beth Hart KILLS on this record. I mean Joe is doin' his thang like nobody else, but Beth gives me chills.

What is your favorite live album? There are a few fave's for me...Frampton Comes Alive, Kiss Alive, REO Speedwagon, Mother's Finest.... They were what I grew up on. Had a special place in my heart. What I'm listening to now & REALLY diggin' are 2 Joe Bonamassa discs. Royal Albert Hall & Live at the Beacon. I think the later is my current fave. Beth Hart KILLS on this record. I mean Joe is doin' his thang like nobody else, but Beth gives me chills.

YES!!!

Only the two songs from Beth & Joe on that DVD (I've only got the DVD versions) but it's perfection!

I'll throw Pink Floyd Pulse & David Gilmour Live In Gdansk into the mix.

I'm going with Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder and David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall (video).

For the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour, David had Scott Page playing sax. During "Money" he yells into the bell of his Sax where there is a chordless microphone. I tried over and over to understand what he said, but could never make it out.

A couple of years after the video and CD came out I was at a MacWorld Expo in Boston. There, in one of the little 10' x 10' booths was Scott Page and a bass player rocking out demoing some recording software. I waited until he was done and they were taking a break.

I introduced myself and told him that I really enjoyed his playing on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tracks. We talked a bit about the tour, he was very nice and approachable. I asked him about the 3 backup singers they had on that tour and he told me that Dave was going with really cute one closest to him on the stage - and she was a real hottie. (Rachel Fury)

RachelFury1.jpg
RachelFury2.jpg

Then I said, "What did you yell into the bell of your sax during 'Money'?"

Scott started laughing so hard, he had to sit down. I asked what was wrong and he told me that no one had ever asked him that before. I asked was it bad or was there a problem and he said it was ok - he had yelled "Yo! Buford!". I asked who that was and he said Buford (Jones) was the sound guy and he was just messing with him. They ended up leaving it on both the video and the CD and not cutting it out.

For his concert at the Albert Hall (and for the On an Island CD) David's backup singers were a couple of unknowns named David Crosby and Graham Nash with an appearance by David Bowie singing "Arnold Lang".

Last edited:
leaving out all the Dead stuff, these spring to mind as albums I've listen to dozens of times each:

Masada - Live in Sevilla 2000
JohnZorn_MasadaLiveInSevilla2000.jpg

probably my favorite Zorn release

tumblr_l44hjghBFR1qb6vfuo1_500.jpg

96502;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

Little-Feat-Waiting-For-Columbus.jpg

YoungNeilCrazyHorseRustNeverSleeps.jpg

King Crimson - The Nightwatch (Live '73)
ryh_dcr9h.jpg

Eagles Live - Eagles
Get Yer Ya Ya's Out - Rolling Stones
One More From The Road - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Foghat Live - Foghat
You Get What You Play For - REO Speedwagon

I'm going with Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder and David Gilmour: Remember That Night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall (video).

For the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour, David had Scott Page playing sax. During "Money" he yells into the bell of his Sax where there is a chordless microphone. I tried over and over to understand what he said, but could never make it out.

A couple of years after the video and CD came out I was at a MacWorld Expo in Boston. There, in one of the little 10' x 10' booths was Scott Page and a bass player rocking out demoing some recording software. I waited until he was done and they were taking a break.

I introduced myself and told him that I really enjoyed his playing on the Delicate Sound of Thunder tracks. We talked a bit about the tour, he was very nice and approachable. I asked him about the 3 backup singers they had on that tour and he told me that Dave was going with really cute one closest to him on the stage - and she was a real hottie. (Rachel Fury)

RachelFury1.jpg
RachelFury2.jpg

Then I said, "What did you yell into the bell of your sax during 'Money'?"

Scott started laughing so hard, he had to sit down. I asked what was wrong and he told me that no one had ever asked him that before. I asked was it bad or was there a problem and he said it was ok - he had yelled "Yo! Buford!". I asked who that was and he said Buford (Jones) was the sound guy and he was just messing with him. They ended up leaving it on both the video and the CD and not cutting it out.

For his concert at the Albert Hall (and for the On an Island CD) David's backup singers were a couple of unknowns named David Crosby and Graham Nash with an appearance by David Bowie singing "Arnold Lang".

She was definately a cutie! I always thought Sam Brown (backing singer on the Pulse tour was quite hot too).

David Gilmour In Concert is anice laid back live DVD. (I know.. I'm cheating here).

I really like Saga-In transit,Alan Haynes-Live at the big easy,The Who-Live at Leeds and BB King-Live at the regal

Last edited:
This thread is a prime example of why I love this forum. Look how diverse these replies are! I'm sitting here thinking of my own answer to post, scanning through what everyone else has said, and I can't post mine for thinking 'Oh, I gotta listen to that one! And that one too!' BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks to you all.

Lloyd/Goldtop/QC

P.S. - My own choices are already mentioned, but they are: UFO - Strangers in the Night, Cheap Trick - At Budokan, and AC/DC - If You Want Blood. And I might add in Willie Nelson and Family - Live.

My first though upon reading the title was Frampton Comes Alive. Then Eagles - Hell freezes over, and how about U2 - Rattle and Hum.

Back