As soon as I get my first USA PRS, they go and make this SE...

CJM3175

I am the proud owner of a 2013 SC 245 in Boyd Burst. It has a gorgeous top, and Paul Reed Smith himself played it during a Music Store Live demo video (so it's not going anywhere EVER). Prior to this I had a Paul Allender SE that I will still argue plays as good as any guitar out there, but the bats just weren't for me long term. Anyways... yesterday while visiting Guitar Showcase in San Jose (a must pilgrimage for any guitar player on the west coast) I came across one of the new Zach Myers SE models, and suffice to say I was blown away. It plays like butter, rings like a bell (everywhere on the neck), and looks every bit as good (hardware, wood, finish) as any guitar 3 times its asking price of $679. The satin neck is one of the fastest I have ever felt, and the adjustable stoptail looks like a million bucks. All with a 24.5" scale that can make bending and vibrato child's play even with 11's on.

No matter what type of music you play...
No matter how many guitars you have...
No matter how many Private Stocks or Artist Grades you currently own...

EVERY MEMBER OF THIS FORUM SHOULD OWN ONE OF THESE AMAZING GUITARS

The Zach Meyers SE is the best SE to date, and I will gladly nominate it for the best new guitar under $1,800.

It is a very great guitar, I got one when they first came out.
I am running Super Slinky Cobalts on mine.

Are you going to pick one up?

My current situation (small apartment) doesn't really allow for too much beyond one electric, one acoustic, and an amp. But I have been eyeballing Hercules hangers for quite some time, and the Zach Myers SE might double as great wall art :wink:

Yes, the new ZM gets alot of love around here, but IMO the Bernie Marsden is the best SE to date, followed closely by the ZM.

I live in a smallish 2 bedroom apartment, you would be surprised at what I can fit on one wall.
Check out my two links in my sig for my guitars and amps.
And a few weeks back I hung two more Hercules on the next wall.
Soon I will have eight hanging there.

I want to see a good pic of your Boyd Burst 245. I love that color and that model! :top:

So c'mon, post a pic. I see it's in your avatar but that's so small!

Back