Are these PRS pups?

shimmilou

Established in 1963
Guitar was advertised as: "PRS SE 245 Limited Edition Bernie Marsden Signature Electric Guitar." The pups were described as: "Custom Wound ALNICO humbuckers."

All others that I have seen have Zebra, or the limited edition with covered 53/10 pups. It also looks like the bridge is different than all others I have seen. :confused:

50327378801_472d91951d_o.jpg

It's kind of a small picture, but I would say the pickups aren't made by PRS. The originals came with SE245 pickups (IIRC) in zebra.

No idea about the bridge. Looks like a SE bridge to me?

doesnt DiMarzio have a patent on double cream???

It's actually a trademark, but yes. (How they got it is a long rant for another day...) It only applies in the US though, so winders in other countries (e.g. Bare Knuckle in the UK) typically ignore it unless they're selling into the US market.

No idea about the bridge. Looks like a SE bridge to me?

It's hard to tell from the low resolution pic, but based on the dark spot between the G and B strings, that kinda looks like a Wilkenson adjustable wraparound bridge to me.

It's actually a trademark, but yes. (How they got it is a long rant for another day...) It only applies in the US though, so winders in other countries (e.g. Bare Knuckle in the UK) typically ignore it unless they're selling into the US market.

It's hard to tell from the low resolution pic, but based on the dark spot between the G and B strings, that kinda looks like a Wilkenson adjustable wraparound bridge to me.

+1

Back