Are Korina and mahogany tonally similar?

IRG

If a Custom 24 had a korina back (maple top), mahogany neck/ peruvian rosewood board, would it sound different versus a mahogany back? What, if any, are the tonal differences?

5 exact duplicate guitars are all gonna sound a little bit different from each other. Every instrument is an individual...
But certain types of woods generally have certain signature voicings...
The Warmoth site has a great description rundown on the most common 'tone woods'...

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Bodies/Options/BodyWoodOptions.aspx

Thanks, I always forget about Warmoth. Their comment: "The tone is very similar to Mahogany with added mids" sounds good to me.

Yes, I have two guitars that are exactly the same specification, same maker, same model, the only difference is one is a 2014 model and one a 2015 model. Oh and they are both bursts but different bursts ( the wife has to see a difference or she will complain) Same hardware same mahogany ( lovely Honduran) and......... there is a weight difference of 18oz. How come? Yes they both sound different.

I've owned a few korina guitars, and I agree that korina does sound similar to mahogany. I've always thought korina sounded a little "sweeter" to my ears, if that makes any sense.

Back