Are Jamie Mann and John Mann related?

what I don't like about this forum......
Yeah...I appreciate the humor, but all BS replies, filling the first page. Oddly, no one seems to know the answer. And...with the title, I'd thought John might have chime'd in...as I see he posts... but...any rate... not life threatening.

Yeah...I appreciate the humor, but all BS replies, filling the first page. Oddly, no one seems to know the answer. And...with the title, I'd thought John might have chime'd in...as I see he posts... but...any rate... not life threatening.

You’ll find there isn’t a great deal of knowledge out there about PRS ownership or leadership, beyond Paul.

Paul is about to turn 68. He and his partners surely have a succession plan, and it’s likely an ongoing process. He can’t remain the face of the company forever.

You’ll find there isn’t a great deal of knowledge out there about PRS ownership or leadership, beyond Paul.

Paul is about to turn 68. He and his partners surely have a succession plan, and it’s likely an ongoing process. He can’t remain the face of the company forever.

Let's hope that PRS maintains a more steady future than either Orville's or Leo's companies. Talk about ups and downs...

I can see that! :-D

COO and tremolo collaborator/#1 supplier ....(wink)

Come on my dudes:

EeeyhNe.jpg

Let's hope that PRS maintains a more steady future than either Orville's or Leo's companies. Talk about ups and downs...

I suspect that 20 years from now the answer to that will be in Paul-era guitars and post-Paul era guitars.

I think we'll be lucky if PRS does as well as Apple did when Steve Jobs passed. Paul and Steve have always been two like-minded guys, in my view. Most Apple fans of old will tell you that some real magic left when Steve did. The company has never been more successful, but "we" (all of us, actually) all lost the real driver of innovation when Steve died. Now Apple is mostly just a giant machine. Still some of the old values, but not quite what it was.

Hopefully PRS will manage to follow a similar path, though I think there will be an awful lot of forces working against that.

I'm 2 years older than Paul and count on playing his guitars for another 25 yrs min.
It's not like he's laying asphalt in the hot sun, but instead keeping himself healthy, especially mentally doing what he loves. I see no retirement in his future with that in mind...no more than we also as players, will just retire.
Well...maybe shucking 4x12 cabs off a loading dock!

I suspect that 20 years from now the answer to that will be in Paul-era guitars and post-Paul era guitars.

I think we'll be lucky if PRS does as well as Apple did when Steve Jobs passed. Paul and Steve have always been two like-minded guys, in my view. Most Apple fans of old will tell you that some real magic left when Steve did. The company has never been more successful, but "we" (all of us, actually) all lost the real driver of innovation when Steve died. Now Apple is mostly just a giant machine. Still some of the old values, but not quite what it was.

Hopefully PRS will manage to follow a similar path, though I think there will be an awful lot of forces working against that.

Being an Apple user since 1990, there's some truth to this. Steve Job's era (his 1st and 2nd) saw a lot of innovation and polarizing forward thinking that both protected the brand (remember the Mac clones?) and made the rest of the computing world want to follow (how dare they make computers and devices that weren't beige or gray...).
And I know all too well the reality of Mac computers transitioning from being something stable for level 1 users and yet modifiable and upgradeable for more power users into overpriced disposable machines that clog up landfills after their "use by" date is reached. It breaks my heart that I have a PowerMac dual Xeon CPU machine with 4 internal drives and gobs of RAM that is a glorified paperweight because it's reached EOL OS upgrades, even after a legit hack and GPU upgrade. Yet I digress...

This is where the similarities end because I know that my PRS guitars will be fully functional after I leave this earth, regardless of what the company does or doesn't do.

I think the whole “mann” thing could be a conspiracy concocted by some evil force in the guitar world to make people on the PRS forum paranoid about trade secrets and engineering innovations being stolen!
( this is humor, for anyone who lacks a sense of what humor is, or might be)

I think the whole “mann” thing could be a conspiracy concocted by some evil force in the guitar world to make people on the PRS forum paranoid about trade secrets and engineering innovations being stolen!
( this is humor, for anyone who lacks a sense of what humor is, or might be)
Guitar forums are serious business

Back