Anyone here have a Calton case?

DanWessonValor

I have Calton cases for my Collings acoustic guitars and was wondering if I should get one for my PRS. I am not sure if Calton makes a rectangular one or one that looks like a guitar. I recently purchased a PRS McCarty 594 HB II and it came with an okay case but not sure how good it is. It isnt the usual rectangular block case.

I do have a Calton case and it is serious protection.

My PRS HB and archtop came with guitar shaped cases, which I like much better than square ones. I have traveled with what PRS included with the guitar for years and have no issues with them. I don’t stand on them like I could the Calton, but I rarely feel the urge to do so.

I do have a Calton case and it is serious protection.

My PRS HB and archtop came with guitar shaped cases, which I like much better than square ones. I have traveled with what PRS included with the guitar for years and have no issues with them. I don’t stand on them like I could the Calton, but I rarely feel the urge to do so.
I confirmed with the Calton owner that those rectangular cases are custom and the normal ones are shaped like a guitar

I have Calton cases for my Collings acoustic guitars and was wondering if I should get one for my PRS. I am not sure if Calton makes a rectangular one or one that looks like a guitar. I recently purchased a PRS McCarty 594 HB II and it came with an okay case but not sure how good it is. It isnt the usual rectangular block case.

I also have Calton cases for my Collings acoustic guitars. These are the best cases I know of for protecting a guitar. I don’t have any Calton cases for my electric guitars. I just went on the Calton website and see they offer cases for PRS guitars: https://www.calton-cases.com/shop/electric-guitar-cases/prs-guitars-electric/.

I recently got a Mono Vertigo Ultra Electric Guitar gig bag and am using this with my PRS core guitars for road trips. I think it offers good protection in a svelte / lightweight package. It even has attachable wheels! As good as it is, I wouldn’t use it use it for air travel as a checked item. My only critique on the bag is that it is too loading and doesn’t zip all the way open. It’s a tight fit getting my PRS DGT in and out of the case and I am careful not to damage the pickup selector switch when doing so.

I also have Calton cases for my Collings acoustic guitars. These are the best cases I know of for protecting a guitar. I don’t have any Calton cases for my electric guitars. I just went on the Calton website and see they offer cases for PRS guitars: https://www.calton-cases.com/shop/electric-guitar-cases/prs-guitars-electric/.

I recently got a Mono Vertigo Ultra Electric Guitar gig bag and am using this with my PRS core guitars for road trips. I think it offers good protection in a svelte / lightweight package. It even has attachable wheels! As good as it is, I wouldn’t use it use it for air travel as a checked item. My only critique on the bag is that it is too loading and doesn’t zip all the way open. It’s a tight fit getting my PRS DGT in and out of the case and I am careful not to damage the pickup selector switch when doing so.

I pulled the trigger on a Calton case yesterday. Think it is a good investment on a $7k electric guitar.

Hadn't heard of them before but sounds like serious protection.

From the website:
  • Crush Resistance
    Cases can withstand up to 1100 lbs of pressure.
  • Drop Protection
    Your instrument is kept safe in drops up to 9 ft.
Calton was the original custom built, hardshell fiberglass case meant to stand up to touring. They've been around a long time. Very popular in the professional acoustic guitar world.

Calton was the original custom built, hardshell fiberglass case meant to stand up to touring. They've been around a long time. Very popular in the professional acoustic guitar world.
I first heard about Calton cases from Ed Gerhard. He told me he preferred the brightly colored cases because they stand out when traveling at airports. He told me about a time when he didn’t see his guitar at the baggage claim area. Someone had already taken it. Ed reacted quickly and had someone announce on the baggage claim intercom to “be on the lookout for a guitar in a blue case that may have been stolen”. In this case it worked. Whoever took the guitar just abandoned it and the guitar was found and returned to Ed.

I got Calton cases for my Collings OM guitars - one case in Blue and the other in Gryphon Green:

I first heard about Calton cases from Ed Gerhard. He told me he preferred the brightly colored cases because they stand out when traveling at airports. He told me about a time when he didn’t see his guitar at the baggage claim area. Someone had already taken it. Ed reacted quickly and had someone announce on the baggage claim intercom to “be on the lookout for a guitar in a blue case that may have been stolen”. In this case it worked. Whoever took the guitar just abandoned it and the guitar was found and returned to Ed.

I got Calton cases for my Collings OM guitars - one case in Blue and the other in Gryphon Green:

Nice moggy, we have a ginger one as well. Well my daughter’s cat.

Back