Anyone else have an album that got you through some hard times?

The only time I saw Yes was on the Union Tour in 1991. It was in the round, on a rotating stage. The thing that made it one of my favorite concerts was the line up.

Jon Anderson - vocals
Chris Squire (R.I.P.) - bass
Bill Bufford & Alan White - drums
Steve Howe & Trevor Rabin - guitars
Tony Kaye & Rick Wakeman - keys

I missed that tour and I'm still cranky about it. I saw Yes on 90125, Big Generator, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe (not technically Yes, but come on :) ), in 2002 not for a particular album that I know of, and when they were Yes ARW (Anderson Rabin Wakeman) a couple years ago. So, I've seen everyone that was on that tour, but I really wanted to see them together. The last show and the ABWH show, I really missed Squire, for his stage presence and voice as much as for his playing.

So Aahzz... interestingly, 4/5/97 is the day I married my wife!!!!

But on topic, one of my Brother-in-Laws got really sick, and past away a few weeks later, but while it was happening, U2's "All You Can't Leave Behind" came out...Stuck in a moment, Beautiful Day, etc...
I'm not that into U2 by any means, but that album, those songs, always take me back...mostly the good stuff.

And Spirit of Radio, of course...whenever I unexpectedly hear that on the radio, instant goosebumps...was always my favorite in concert...and for many tours, they opened with the 3 Blind Mice (3 Stooges) theme into Spirit...Glad I saw them when I did...dammit.

I missed that tour and I'm still cranky about it. I saw Yes on 90125, Big Generator, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe (not technically Yes, but come on :) ), in 2002 not for a particular album that I know of, and when they were Yes ARW (Anderson Rabin Wakeman) a couple years ago. So, I've seen everyone that was on that tour, but I really wanted to see them together. The last show and the ABWH show, I really missed Squire, for his stage presence and voice as much as for his playing.
Not to rub it in, but of the hundreds of shows I've been to, it still ranks in the top 10.

So Aahzz... interestingly, 4/5/97 is the day I married my wife!!!!

But on topic, one of my Brother-in-Laws got really sick, and past away a few weeks later, but while it was happening, U2's "All You Can't Leave Behind" came out...Stuck in a moment, Beautiful Day, etc...
I'm not that into U2 by any means, but that album, those songs, always take me back...mostly the good stuff.

And Spirit of Radio, of course...whenever I unexpectedly hear that on the radio, instant goosebumps...was always my favorite in concert...and for many tours, they opened with the 3 Blind Mice (3 Stooges) theme into Spirit...Glad I saw them when I did...dammit.

Glad yours went better than mine!

The only time I saw Yes was on the Union Tour in 1991. It was in the round, on a rotating stage. The thing that made it one of my favorite concerts was the line up.

Jon Anderson - vocals
Chris Squire (R.I.P.) - bass
Bill Bufford & Alan White - drums
Steve Howe & Trevor Rabin - guitars
Tony Kaye & Rick Wakeman - keys
Having been a huge Yes fan since their early days, I would have LOVED to see that tour, having seen several other lineups over the years.
I'd absolutely put Yes in the top 10 bands I've seen, and would have a hard time picking which show...they're consistently awesome :).

I saw Yes on 90125, Big Generator, Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman, and Howe (not technically Yes, but come on :)
I was at the first three you listed and several others over the years.

And I hate to say this, but Yes is not Yes without Squire. As a piano player turned guitar player, it was his bass that first attracted me to Yes. Then I heard Roundabout and was hooked, and his bass absolutely DROVE that song!

Back