Another "What Next?" thread!

What Guitar Should matonanjin (Ron) Get the MasterCard Out For?

• McCarty 594

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • DGT

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
I voted 594, but of course it's all going to depend on what you like. I'll save you the search. This is a tune I wrote a few years ago to show off the difference between the soapy and the 'bucker 594.

This is with a DG30 amp, set the way I like it - and of course, that varies by individual, too.

First melody line, 594 Soapbar, second melody line, 594 Humbucker:

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/messy-20

594 because the Pattern Vintage neck carve is the best shape ever - my P245T has a PV neck carve. The scale length and tone are extra bonuses. I tend not to do coil taps too often, but the 594 sounds fabulous in tap mode.

golly doesn't the bridge alone decide it? i don't know if i even remember how to use a trem bar it's been so long.

DGT is always the correct answer.

Unless the correct answer is Santana :D

So therefor, by deduction, since I have a Santana, the correct answer is DGT?:confused::cool:

Based on this I should go with the DGT, and still may, but I came across a 594 10 top that is gorgeous and light. Curiously, it has soap bars rather than LT 58/15's. ... It will probably fall through because my funds for the new purchase is coming in about a week. So it will be gone. Then I will be going after the DGT.

And I did eff around and it is gone. The funds referred to hopefully show up tomorrow. So another reason I am now 73.67% leaning towards the DGT.

Last edited:
Dang, guys. All the DGT's I'm finding are so heavy. :( Most I've seen are 8 lbs. I did find this one at my favorite local store. I played it today and it plays and feels great. And sounds smoking. And only 7 lbs 13 oz. And... it would be supporting a local store. But I can't get by grey black. But it is a 10 top.

Damn.

By now you have figured out I am doing nothing more than thinking out loud.:rolleyes: Ranting?

Dang, guys. All the DGT's I'm finding are so heavy. :( Most I've seen are 8 lbs. I did find this one at my favorite local store. I played it today and it plays and feels great. And sounds smoking. And only 7 lbs 13 oz. And... it would be supporting a local store. But I can't get by grey black. But it is a 10 top.

Damn.

By now you have figured out I am doing nothing more than thinking out loud.:rolleyes: Ranting?
I should weigh mine.
It's much lighter than my Les Paul at 9 pounds, 3ounces.

Dang, guys. All the DGT's I'm finding are so heavy. :( Most I've seen are 8 lbs. I did find this one at my favorite local store. I played it today and it plays and feels great. And sounds smoking. And only 7 lbs 13 oz.

A lot of this is perception really… if someone handed you an 8 pound Les Paul most would be marveling at how light it is. The weight you posted above is literally 3 ounces away from 8 pounds… and you’re saying it plays and feels great. I have a DGT that is 8 pounds even and like you stated above it plays and feels fantastic. I’m just saying this because I certainly would not shy away from an 8 pound PRS or an 8 pound LP… that’s really a magic weight with guitars. Not too heavy, with just enough weight for some great projection and it won’t ever feel neck heavy.

All that aside you could easily play a DGT all day because of the neck being so comfortable. Some say it sounds Strat-like - which I personally don’t hear at - all but it does sound very Tele-like which is a huge bonus. There are LOTS of fantastic tones to be had from a DGT. The frets are big but they’re very comfortable. It has phase 3 locking tuners which are no longer on the 594. It has smaller tuner buttons, which I personally like… ymmv. The 594 is most certainly more LP like… and the DGT is not. It’s got this unique LP vs Tele thing going on mixed in with its own voice. It’s a great rock guitar, it’s great for blues, it does jazzy stuff very well. Hard to go wrong with it.

If you do decide to get a DGT the only thing I would recommend is to find one with neck binding, which by the way you’re seeing more and more of these days. That will virtually guarantee that you’re never going to feel the tangs from these larger frets.

Back