Another pickup wiring question on my S2 594

Big B

;)
First off sorry if this is a silly question and or has already been answered on another thread somewhere.

I have a 2022 S2 594 with the 58/15s pickups and I recently purchased the 58/15 LT's to install. When I opened my guitar up it appears to have a 5 wire connector and the LT's have 4 wires. I don't have much experience with pickup swaps but was wondering if anyone had some advice or a diagram I could reference that would assist with my pickup swap.

Thanks!

I have a S2 594 Thinline and have been considering doing the same thing. I read somewhere the 4-conductor design uses the shielding of the hot wire as the ground. The 5-conductor design uses an orange wire as the chassis ground.

Last edited:
I have a S2 594 Thinline and have been considering doing the same thing. I read somewhere the 4-conductor design uses the shielding of the hot wire as the ground. The 5-conductor design uses an orange wire as the chassis ground.
In the PRS pickup pop up shop they describe the wiring in this way.

What color are the wires on the LT? And are they regular ones or are they marked TCI? I'm getting more and more out of touch with PRS wiring since the introduction of TCI.

Originally, the LT was most commonly a black cloth wire for hot, with braided bare wire for shield/ground, and a white tap wire.

However, when specced for special run Customs (Wood Library, etc.) with the 5-way switch. They would use black and white for ground and hot, red for tap, and bare for shield. They might be reverse polarity? Pickups made for the 5-way generally are. I assume they'd be marked, if so.

PRS wire coloring is all over the place. Best to provide your serial number to the PTC for a correct wiring diagram. Generally, “5-lead” pickups have two leads for each coil and an individual ground wire; however, the 58/18s I believe have a unique setup that “Adds winds back” to the tapped switch, suggesting that one of those wires is possibly connected to the middle of one of the coils. I’d email PRS. Interested to know what you find.

Thanks for the replies! It has been a busy couple days for me, thanks for the advice so far. I will also email the ptc soon and I will post what they respond.

On my S2 594
Neck pickup
Skinny White:
Skinny Green: these two are wired together and go to the push pull tone control

Skinny black: goes to volume pot

Thick black and skinny red are wired together and go to the push pull tone control

Bridge pickup
Skinny black:
Skinny red: are wired together and go to the push pull tone control

Skinny White goes to the volume pot

Thick black and skinny green are wired together and go to the push pull tone control

On the 58/15LT pickups

Bass pickup

Black cloth wire with metal outside ground ground

Skinny red

Skinny White and skinny green are pre-wired together

Treble pickup

Black cloth wire with metal outside ground

Skinny green

Skinny black and skinny red are pre-wired together
Also on bass pickup black cloth wire and green white has a resistance of 3.49 k ohms and black cloth wire to red is 6.98 k ohms

On the treble pickup black cloth wire to red/black is 3.51k ohms and black cloth wire to green is 7.08 k ohms

This is what I know so far! Any advice is appreciated!

Back