594 HBII Tuner question

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
594 HBII Guitar’s have vintage style nonlocking tuners. My question is, are the phase 3 locking tuners a direct replacement?

594 HBII Guitar’s have vintage style nonlocking tuners. My question is, are the phase 3 locking tuners a direct replacement?
They are, but you’ll have visible “footprints” in the nitro finish from the vintage style. If that doesn’t bother you, go for it. I did PIII on a late 2019 594, and the vintage style lockers on the Joe Walsh Ltd. I also did the vintage style lockers on my 594 HBII.

They are, but you’ll have visible “footprints” in the nitro finish from the vintage style. If that doesn’t bother you, go for it. I did PIII on a late 2019 594, and the vintage style lockers on the Joe Walsh Ltd. I also did the vintage style lockers on my 594 HBII.
Thanks brother, after searching for quite a while I finally found that post. If I end up with this guitar in a trade I don’t have to replace the tuners immediately but I enjoy the laziness of having locking tuners when changing strings. And I’m not a big fan of plastic buttons.

Thanks brother, after searching for quite a while I finally found that post. If I end up with this guitar in a trade I don’t have to replace the tuners immediately but I enjoy the laziness of having locking tuners when changing strings. And I’m not a big fan of plastic buttons.
Right on! Happy to help

Back