57/08 pickup height adjustment screws too short!

kevin65

Just installing my new set of 57/08 pickups into my Bernie and found that the pickups are long legged and the pickup height adjustment screws that came with the pickups are the same length as the original pickup screws. I cant get the bridge pickup lowered sufficiently. The screws that came with the 57/08's are too long for the screws so I used the original springs.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can you get longer height adjustment screws? Did the pickups come with the wrong screws?

Last edited:
Just checked the original screws, they are slightly longer that the 57/08 screws will use for now until I get longer replacement ones.

Pickups wired in, but were accidently wired out of phase with eachother. I thought it sounded out of phase in middle position and neck hot and ground are mixed up. But, it sounds great, so leaving as it. Lovely out of phase sound, and not much volume drop. Much better than when I did the magnet flip on the old G&B pickups.
Spoke to a gentleman in PRS UK who said he will try to get some spare screws of the proper height and send to me :)

Didn't have much time to play yet, but they sound very nice, much fuller than the original G&B pickups. When I get the new screws I'll be able to adjust the pickup and pole heights properly and I'm sure they'll sound even better and will decide whether to keep the out of phase wiring or not.

Back