2 volume knobs with rotary switch

slowro

Would it be possible to have a bridge and neck volume pot (removing the tone pot) with a rotary switch? I loved the dual volume on the DGT I tried

How would you wire that up, Sergio? I can think of a way, but I wouldn't know where to get the parts without some googling - never seen what I'm thinking of at normal guitar electronics suppliers.

How would you wire that up, Sergio? I can think of a way, but I wouldn't know where to get the parts without some googling - never seen what I'm thinking of at normal guitar electronics suppliers.

I don't know if it's possible with the circuit board 5-way, but I recall when I took my CE to this fellow Frank Falbo (now working for Seymore Duncan) about ditching the tone pot on my first CE (which has the wafer type) to either a second vol. or the kill switch (which is what I chose) he said: "sure, pick one". I may have been too hasty just sayin' yes, but I dont see why you couldn't do it... As to how? I'll see if he answers my email.

I have a question kinda like that, I wanna install emg's with coiltaps, but don't wanna use a tone or lose the 5 way rotary........

Yeah, the circuit board 5 way makes these things hard.

What I was thinking was using a stereo volume pot, one for each pickup. That way you can reduce the volume of both the hot and split wires together while leaving their signals independent from one another so they will work correctly with the rotary.

Potentiometer_Pinouts.jpg

I have a question kinda like that, I wanna install emg's with coiltaps, but don't wanna use a tone or lose the 5 way rotary........
I don't really know enough about EMGs to know if the above would work.

Back