2 Channal H Combo to a Head

Artjr

My wife's a Lawyer
Has anyone ever tried to get a Head cabinet from PRS. I love my H but I hate the weight of the combo.

I would think that if you sent the amp to the factory (the PTC) that they would be able to remove the amp from the combo and insert it into a head cabinet. I think there would be some relabeling involved too but if you are willing to pay for it, I don't think they would have any objection as long as they are the ones who perform the work.

Talk to your fav dealer and see what might be possible. Alternatively, there are several guys out there that make custom shells for other makes of amp. You might take measurements of yours and see if they could cook up something for your H? If you flip it upside down, could it fit in a Marshall long shell?

Reactions: LJD
How is the tone of the H combo? I generally use heads so I can use a nice big 2x12 cab and get ALL the tone. But a combo would be nice for some gigs and rehearsals.

How is the tone of the H combo? I generally use heads so I can use a nice big 2x12 cab and get ALL the tone. But a combo would be nice for some gigs and rehearsals.
It's awesome!
I have a H combo and a 2 channel Custom combo. They work well at gigs alone, and in the studio rehearsal space hooked up to an external 2x12

From my understanding the H and the Custom 50 are the same amp but the Custom has several added features like a boost switch. ( I have the H great amp )

I had both at the same time. The answer to the question is... it depends on if you use one or more of the new features. If you LIVE in the mid shift, or pull deep or whatever, it might be significantly better. If you don't, it's basically the same plus more versatile. My H had been sent back to PRS and updated verb circuit and tank, and the verb was SUPER nice on it and better than my Custom. But Presence, Pull deep, mid shift, reverb off on gain channel, and even foot switchable boosts, were too much to pass up. Depending on which guitar I'm using, I use one or more of those features MOST of the time.

But, if you get a great deal on an H, just spend a few hundred having PRS update it with a feature or two that you know you'll use and be done with it. IMHO

Back