1st-time PRS Soon To Be Owner

zozoe

Greetings all~ Well, I gone ahead and done 'it' again.... it's a 2008 Custom 22 with 3 soapbars, & I was curious to know what to expect from the (hopefully) stock wiring setup. Is it like a typical Strat 1 thru 5 or what have we? For me, personally, & typically, 99.99% of my Strats now have a 4-way switch, and with my p/u orientation of either N-S-S or S-N-N, I get B-BM-BN-N. I'm rather confident I won't go hog wild on this sweet sunburst, but the anticipation is killing me....
Thnx, Kenny ॐ

Congrats! That's a beauty! Love the way the burst follows the contour instead of doing the teardrop thing, too.

Yes - typical Strat setup on the switching. When I got mine, I was hoping for kind of a thick Strat effect, but I don't really hear that 2/4 quack-type sound. May be that I just had too much gain going at the time.

Enjoy!

Thanks folks,,,, yeah,, quack can be that elusive animal that helps define yèr axe, but as long as we obey the polar directions, the
2 & 4 'duck' should rear it's head, and 'especially' when doing the clean thing~
I simply find the #4 pos. quack to be a dull version of #2 pos., and there's no lost love with most solo middle pups; hence, my dandy 4-way.... Having the B+N Tele sound is a charm!!

Greetings all~ Well, I gone ahead and done 'it' again.... it's a 2008 Custom 22 with 3 soapbars, & I was curious to know what to expect from the (hopefully) stock wiring setup. Is it like a typical Strat 1 thru 5 or what have we? For me, personally, & typically, 99.99% of my Strats now have a 4-way switch, and with my p/u orientation of either N-S-S or S-N-N, I get B-BM-BN-N. I'm rather confident I won't go hog wild on this sweet sunburst, but the anticipation is killing me....
Thnx, Kenny ॐ
I had one exactly like it, one of the finest and best PRS Core models I have ever owned. They're very sweet guitars,

pardon my naiveté, but a 'Core' model refers exactly to what?
Since about 2015 or so, there have been four designated PRS tiers: From most to least expensive they are Private Stock, Core (I consider Wood Library or Artist a Core guitar), S2 and SE.

The Core models are what PRS built its reputation on, made in the US, including electronics. They are the primary models of PRS guitars. S2 are made in the US but use SE electronics and hardware. SE are made entirely overseas, and have veneer instead of solid wood tops. Private Stock are custom-built and/or limited run models built by a separate team.

They're all great at each price point, and each has its own characteristics.

Last edited:
Congratulations, my son. You have chosen wisely. As you can see from my avatar, I know from whence you speak. I find every position very usable. I find that with each amplifier I use, different pickups combos work better/less well. The neck/middle setting is my go to for rhythmn playing. I generally use a very bright amp with just a volume and a tone control. The 4 setting rules with it.

Since about 2015 or so, there have been four designated PRS tiers: From most to least expensive they are Private Stock, Core (I consider Wood Library or Artist a Core guitar), S2 and SE.

The Core models are what PRS built its reputation on, made in the US, including electronics. They are the primary models of PRS guitars. S2 are made in the US but use SE electronics and hardware. SE are made entirely overseas, and have veneer instead of solid wood tops. Private Stock are custom-built and/or limited run models built by a separate team.

They're all great at each price point, and each has its own characteristics.
When you say "Artist" is that the same as Signature Models or are they a separate category?

Back