1986 Banana Yellow PRS with birds

Axxeman

Hi, New member here. I'm the original owner of a banana yellow PRS with bird inlays. I haven't seen another with birds. I have seen a few online with moon inlays, but even they seem to be pretty rare. Anyone else ever see one?
Thanks,
Axxeman

Funny you should say that - we were discussing "Banana Yellow" in another thread but the specimen had dots.

by.jpg

Hopefully Zilmo can chime in with his knowledge :)

The guitar is currently at the factory, hopefully in the good hands of the PRS staff. I guess I made the mistake of actually PLAYING the guitar after I bought it. Nothing structural, just cosmetics. LOL. It was the 80's. Who knew? I had no idea that the guitar was rare in any way until a few days ago. I bought it off the shelf in Sam Ash in Brooklyn back in '86. I played every PRS in the store and thought it was the best sounding guitar there. The maple tops were fancier, but didn't have the same tone. My girlfriend paid for half of it, who could refuse? I'm sure I have some pics somewhere. I'll take a look. After buying that one, I bought another pearl white one in LA. I still think the solid mahogany guitars sound the best. Just my opinion...
Axxeman

Sent in a rare vintage one owner piece to have cosmetic issues looked after??? :O
and....crickets..
So like me..NO ONE knows what to say?

The guitar is currently at the factory, hopefully in the good hands of the PRS staff. I guess I made the mistake of actually PLAYING the guitar after I bought it. Nothing structural, just cosmetics. LOL. It was the 80's. Who knew? I had no idea that the guitar was rare in any way until a few days ago. I bought it off the shelf in Sam Ash in Brooklyn back in '86. I played every PRS in the store and thought it was the best sounding guitar there. The maple tops were fancier, but didn't have the same tone. My girlfriend paid for half of it, who could refuse? I'm sure I have some pics somewhere. I'll take a look. After buying that one, I bought another pearl white one in LA. I still think the solid mahogany guitars sound the best. Just my opinion...
Axxeman

Hi Axxeman- Your baby is safe within my grubby hands. :) I can post some photos of the guitar if you like.

Hi Axxeman- Your baby is safe within my grubby hands. :) I can post some photos of the guitar if you like.

Hi Shawn - Glad you got it. I'm not sure that it's quite ready for prime time yet. LOL. I'm very excited about having you do your magic. BTW: I didn't send the truss rod cover. I had Paul autograph it at the Hard Rock in NYC back in the day. I guess we'll talk after you evaluate the axxe. Thanks!

I know this is not a high quality "glamor shot", but it does show the guitar in action back in '87. I'll be happy to post more when I get it back. Shawn, feel free to post at your discretion. :)
YellowPRSChinaClub.jpg

Key word... Yet. I haven't been so excited about a guitar in 20 years. Glad it's in good hands.

Back