Zebra Squabbins!

Woundtight

Al DiMeola in Wash DC last night. The PTC must have retrofitted this Singlecut Monster. I wonder which pickups he is using? They look good...

DiMeola%20Zebra%20Squabbins_zpsbqdaymdt.jpg

a friend of mine is going to the Atlanta show tonight, I was supposed to go with him, but my son got tickets to see the Hawks play tonight, so I'm taking him to that instead

There has been a set of Zebra Squabbin 59/09s floating around that have come up for sale a couple times. MSL has some zebra squabbin HFS pickups for sale for a while too.

IMHO, zebra pickups and back paint are where it's at!

What an incredible show in Atlanta last night! Lots of old favorites, and a few new treats. Phillipe Saisse, who played keys on Splendido Hotel, among other of Al's albums, was there on keys and mallets. Gumbi Ortiz on percussion, I don't remember the bassist or drummer's name, but the bassist was from Cameroon and played on some of Paul Simon's stuff.
Al Played the black singlecut above for all the electric stuff except the encore, Race With Devil on Spanish Highway, when he used a sunburst LP. He Played through a Fuchs amp (or two). His prism colored signature model PRS sat lonely on a stand behind him the whole show.

Tom

Awesome...Gumbi was with him at the Experience...neat stuff...Paul Simon's bassist was Bakithi Khumalo...well, one of them anyway. Paul tries different backing groups regularly, I think? Black SC, kinda like his LP on the early stuff!??!

Back