Zack Myers Limited Edition Quilt Top

Mark MacPherson

HI Folks,

Yes, I am new to the forum. I was hoping someone could point me in the correct direction for a Zack Myers LTD Quilt Top> I have been looking online but I am not having much luck. At 50 I am looking back at my life, not trying to be to philosophical, and always wished I learned the Guitar.

After some research and listening to all kinds of video's on YouTube the Zack Myers looks be the best sound for me. I really like the McCarty 594 as well but the price point just does not work.

I plan to buy and own one Guitar so I am looking for a Zack Myers that is a little different than the rest. The Burst Quilt Top I have seen in pictures is stunning.

There is no question in my mind of the production guitar manufactures who is making the best quality product. PRS is a great Brand.

Any Direction is appreciated,
Mark

Mark,

Welcome to the forum and to the PRS world. I have a ZM from 2014 and in that year a few dealers did special runs of them. There was spalted maple and a few quilts running around. Sadly it seems most of them are in the UK or Europe. I know a few USA dealers had them but they went fast. Now the only new option is Trampas Green or Vintage Burst.

My advice is to keep an eye on Reverb and of course the dealers here. There could be something hiding out there that fits the bill.

Last but not least keep in mind the top is just a veneer so there isn't any difference in the core woods used in all of the ZM models. Any color/pattern you choose you will get a maple top with a thin veneer attached to a mahogany back.

Cheers'

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, I noticed that the runs were mostly located in Europe. A bit strange as you would think NA dealers would have a bit more available. I may try to track down who had them before and ask them if helps to have it prepaid and drop shipped if they are out of the UK for example.
Thanks for the quick reply,
Mark

One thing to keep in mind Mark is it has a Rosewood finger board.....so there will be additional cost and paper work to get it in the USA.

Good luck in your search!

Back