Zack Myers gig bag/Hard Case

mico888

Hi all,

I have a Zack Myers PRS and wanted to upgrade the gig bag to a hard case. Would a regular LP case work for this guitar? Can anyone recommend one that is budget friendly. Thanks!

I like these. Best of both worlds. Rigid and protective, but lightweight. Wont scuff with bumps. Reasonable price. I use them for all SCs going to gigs and carry-travel.

Last edited:
I like these. Best of both worlds. Rigid and protective, but lightweight. Wont scuff with bumps. Reasonable price. I use them for all SCs going to gigs.

That looks like a nice case. Their Icon series looks nice, too. Not that I leave my studio often enough to need a different case, but they're making some nice stuff lately.

Plus 1 for the Gator cases, I have a couple of these that I use for my singlcuts especially since I damaged my back and ribs a few months ago.
when I'm going to the pub for the blues night these strong enough to protect enough to and light weight enough not to worry about.

The only warning I will give (especially with Zach Myers) is double check it's definitely in the case when you set off.

I went to last week's blues night and when I opened the case, no guitar. Like I say I have a couple of these and I'd picked up the wrong one (the cases were next too each other and my son decided to wipe them down cause he'd used earlier that day and it dirty from the great British weather and idiots driving through puddles, so he cleaned and then put in front of one I was taking.

My ZM only weighs 6.5Lbs so in a rush I didn't notice the case didn't feel any heavier, till I got there. The upside of this was my son was going on a date with his new girlfriend, they were going out in the opposite direction from the pub but she still made him bring me my guitar before they set off on their date, shes definitely in control in a nice way. Because I'm a nice dad i paid for a taxi for them so they weren't late for the cinema

Plus 1 for the Gator cases, I have a couple of these that I use for my singlcuts especially since I damaged my back and ribs a few months ago.
when I'm going to the pub for the blues night these strong enough to protect enough to and light weight enough not to worry about.

The only warning I will give (especially with Zach Myers) is double check it's definitely in the case when you set off.

I went to last week's blues night and when I opened the case, no guitar. Like I say I have a couple of these and I'd picked up the wrong one (the cases were next too each other and my son decided to wipe them down cause he'd used earlier that day and it dirty from the great British weather and idiots driving through puddles, so he cleaned and then put in front of one I was taking.

My ZM only weighs 6.5Lbs so in a rush I didn't notice the case didn't feel any heavier, till I got there. The upside of this was my son was going on a date with his new girlfriend, they were going out in the opposite direction from the pub but she still made him bring me my guitar before they set off on their date, shes definitely in control in a nice way. Because I'm a nice dad i paid for a taxi for them so they weren't late for the cinema
Sounds like the new girlfriend might be a keeper!

Is that Gator gig bag got rigid foam on the inside or is it on the softer side?
(My WL DGT paisley case must weigh 20 pounds empty. I can’t deal with it anymore with gigs and a bad back. They should sell it as a flight case:p)

(My WL DGT paisley case must weigh 20 pounds empty. I can’t deal with it anymore with gigs and a bad back. They should sell it as a flight case:p)

Look at the Sweetwater link above. It should answer your questions.

I like these. Best of both worlds. Rigid and protective, but lightweight. Wont scuff with bumps. Reasonable price. I use them for all SCs going to gigs and carry-travel.

Unfortunately, this does not work. The neck of the Zach Myers is not angled back. I actually spoke to an advisor at Sweetwater about this guitar case. I’m sending it back this weekend. I’ve ordered instead the hard case version but I suspect it will not work either.

Returning mine tomorrow. Neck angles upwards. Have ordered GWLPS at suggestion of Kenny at Sweetwater…will advise. I’m even thinking of trying an acoustic guitar case but I would bring my guitar to ‘nearest’ Guitar Center to try them.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the suggestions!
Gator GL LPS: last evening the fit of the neck was disappointing. When I get out of the sick bed I’m going to try to raise the body before giving up on it.. GWLPS is on order.

Kenny from Sweeteater also suggested:

SKB's 3i-4214-PRS hardshell case offers military-strength protection to your precious PRS($$$) I have not tried this

PRS Multi-Fit Guitar Case - Black Tolex with Black Interior
Rated 4.5/5 90 Write reviewItem ID: PRSCase ($$$) I have not tried this

Last edited:
Rod, GLLPS is way more than a gig bag. I think it would’ve been just fine in place of a hard case for my non-airport use except that the guitar just doesn’t fit, as I’ve indicated in posts today. It’s actually similar to the case I have for my Strat-style guitar. As soon as I can get out of the sick bed, I’m going to try the soft case again as per 11top suggestion of raising the body with towels or whatever. Anyway I just ordered the GWLPS(hard) based on a suggestion from Sweetwater, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a Zack Myers PRS and wanted to upgrade the gig bag to a hard case. Would a regular LP case work for this guitar? Can anyone recommend one that is budget friendly. Thanks!
The first case I ordered for my Zach was actually a Gator Les Paul case, GWE-LPS only does the Zach Myers neck angle upwards, but the body doesn’t even fit. So it has actually slightly wider ‘hips’ if you will. See my other post for the status of my search. Really a heartbreaker.

Last edited:
The first case I ordered for my Zach was actually a Gator Les Paul case. Not only does the Zach Myers neck angle upwards, but the body doesn’t even fit. So it has actually slightly wider ‘hips’ if you will. See my other post for the status of my search. Really a heartbreaker.

Hmmmmm.

While this case was definitely made to fit a Les Paul, I use mine with my PRS SCs all of the time. It’s true that the neck angle is different, but my PRS SCs still fit in them. The bodies fit right in with no friction at all; plenty of room. I wonder if you got the same case or if they’ve changed it. ? I have several of these and while not a perfect fit, they all work for transportation to and from rehearsal/gigs. Because of the difference in neck angle, to be extra safe, one could fold a towel under the body for a more secured/level fit.

Here are pics of my 1) Zach Myers and 2) ME1:

Last edited:
Ok. I tried it again today boosting the body to a nice even level the minimum needed for the neck to sit, and I still have to force the entire case at both ends.

Hmmmmm.

While this case was definitely made to fit a Les Paul, I use mine with my PRS SCs all of the time. It’s true that the neck angle is different, but my PRS SCs still fit in them. The bodies fit right in with no friction at all; plenty of room. I wonder if you got the same case or if they’ve changed it. ? I have several of these and while not a perfect fit, they all work for transportation to and from rehearsal/gigs. Because of the difference in neck angle, to be extra safe, one could fold a towel under the body for a more secured/level fit.

Here are pics of my 1) Zach Myers and 2) ME1:

I have one of those red quilt fade ZMs from Brian’s! They’re awesome.

Hi all,

Success with 3/4 size acoustic guitar hard Gator I have already.
Next week trying Gator GWLPS

Back