Zack Meyers!

Texquin

Received my Zack Meyers from Sweetwater today. Seems really awesome but I was having some tuning problems right out of the box. I changed the strings to Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky, 9-46. Looked at first like the 46 & 36 were a little tight in the nut, but the tuning seemed better. There is a little paint overspray where the green meets the natural wood at the cutaway, not sure if this is normal for the PRS SE guitars. Can't say enough about Sweetwater, they threw in a $150 Gator Flight Case for $46 more.
3769ef24f4dffa359a082a414c78b6b2.jpg
bdf541bfbc18fc055d33cf07d780e0ea.jpg

Congrats! That's a bangin' lookin' case for less than $50... interested to see the overspray if you get a chance.

Here is the overspray...is it worth griping over or am I just picky. Paid lots of $ plus waited a month to get this gem.
56a79cc23b324562726198f7deee4bf6.jpg

IMHO, it is only worth griping over if it will continue to bother you going forward or you are concerned with resale value. On the other hand, you have a beautiful top there! Congrats!

Mmmm...

Poor job there. But, have a good think about this. If she plays great, sounds great and you seriously enjoy the guitar and think you'll bond with her for a long while then it can be easily overlooked.

I have a Korean hair underneath the poly on my Bernie. Just part of the guitar...

If they had a few in stock then I may be more tempted to return it. Things that would guarantee me returning a guitar are neck issues, cracks, fret issues. basically construction issues. Cosmetic? Well, so long as it's minor it can be overlooked.

That is BLEM and should have been caught @ the factory or at least by sweetwater... I know how hard it is too wait for something you really want, but I would send that back in a heartbeat.

Did you swap out the truss cover with a plain black one or is that how she came?

Last edited:
The truss rod cover came like that? Not sure why? Wonder If they are rushing these things out because of the demand....

I have a Korean hair underneath the poly on my Bernie. Just part of the guitar...

LMAO I had what I swore was an eyelash on my first SE Santana a few years back...I thought I was the only one...

RE: the finish bleed, agree that kinda sucks, and it would bother me too, but as others have said - if you like how she feels and plays, it will probably just become "part" of the guitar.

Back