Zach Myers Stock Issues

Jomolungma

Has anyone heard of supply or stock issues with the Zach Myers SE? I had ordered one through Sweetwater in vintage sunburst and they said PRS gave them a ship date of June 30. I called on July 1 and they said PRS was now saying September delivery!

It looks like it is in stock at Guitar Center but I'd prefer to get it from Sweetwater. The sales staff can't follow up with PRS until Tuesday because of the holiday. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue or perhaps Sweetwater, who has been great with me so far, is just giving me the runaround for some reason.

I don't think Sweetwater is giving you the run around, that Zack model is a pretty popular guitar. If you can't wait (who can?) grab the one from GC.

I was on the sweetwater wait list for 6+ months and finally just recently got one. Their backorder list seems to grow pretty long.

eBay, Musicians Friend, or Reverb. Heck, even GC if they have them.

Sweetwater is ok but their service isn't good enough for me to wait 2+ months for something to come back in stock, when it's available elsewhere. Sweetwater is against any form of discount (unless you have a really good sales rep, mine sucks.... so if I order from them I skip him and just order through the site). Basically, you get candy, woo hoo.

Musician's Friend is actually willing to work deals for people. I got 15% off of a guitar that wasn't included in a July 4th sale they had a few years back, through a MF Facebook rep.

Reverb has sales. GC will sometimes work with you on used products if you call the store and ask. And you may snag a deal on eBay. Sweetwater doesn't want to make a sale bad enough to work with their customers, hence why I've written them off.

eBay, Musicians Friend, or Reverb. Heck, even GC if they have them.

Sweetwater is ok but their service isn't good enough for me to wait 2+ months for something to come back in stock, when it's available elsewhere. Sweetwater is against any form of discount (unless you have a really good sales rep, mine sucks.... so if I order from them I skip him and just order through the site). Basically, you get candy, woo hoo.

Sweetwater doesn't want to make a sale bad enough to work with their customers, hence why I've written them off.

Yeah. Must be your rep. My rep has worked with and given discounts. I wonder if it is possible to change reps???

Kevin

At this point I'd go with GC in a heartbeat, but I "special ordered" the vintage sunburst from Sweetwater and I'd need to make sure they're not going to job me over canceling the order before I buy it from GC. And it being a holiday weekend, my rep is out. So I'm sort of screwed waiting until Tuesday and hoping it's still available at GC.

As for the other sites, most I've seen advertise the 2014 model. My understanding is that it was updated in 2015 and that's the one I've played in the store. But I may start looking around more in earnest if Sweetwater sticks to a September date. I went through with the order at the beginning of June because they gave me a June 30 ship date. Would not have gone with them if the said September up front :-(

I agree in thinking that it's about the rep, generally. I have had great service and results from Sweetwater, Musician's Friend, and Dave's. Never tried Reverb.

Well, even though it makes no sense to me, Sweetwater confirmed they couldn't get one from PRS until September. So I went ahead and bought it from Guitar Center - fingers crossed - and I'll have it this weekend. I hope :)

Back