Zach Myers replacement bridge/studs? (low-E sustain)

Guitarjon

Hi all,

As I recently posted in my NGD thread, I got a used Zach Myers recently (the green semi-hollow one). It's truly a great guitar. It plays great, looks great and it sounds really good too. I do feel though that the sustain of the low e-string mainly is being held back a little bit. Overall the strings sound and feel very resonant but there is something about that low e. I did replace the strings and same thing. I think the nut is fine so I'm thinking it could maybe have something to do with the bridge?

I read somewhere that people replace their studs? I've never done anything like that but do you guys think it could maybe help with the sustain a bit? If so, any idea which ones I could get? I did see a video on how to remove studs from the body, apparently you can do this yourself, which is good news. Just don't know which studs will fit the body and bridge.

Or, could it be a bridge issue? If a new bridge could give the guitar a little bit more sustain/resonance it could be an upgrade worth making. Again, don't know what sort of bridge could be good? I saw some tonepros offerings in local webstores like this one for example: https://www.bax-shop.nl/gitaarbrugg...zbDY05NbmN6ODcT_60H85_wVoJjFnc1UaAniIEALw_wcB

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers!

Last edited:
You could consider changing the nut to a core version.

This is a cheaper upgrade and the SE bridge is a pretty good piece of kit.

If your low E string is still not resonating as you want, then upgrading the bridge is still an option.

You could consider changing the nut to a core version.

This is a cheaper upgrade and the SE bridge is a pretty good piece of kit.

If your low E string is still not resonating as you want, then upgrading the bridge is still an option.

Maybe it does have to do with the nut after all. Not sure. I'm really nitpicking here because I just picked up the guitar and it sounded pretty good... Maybe I should just shut up and play! :)

Maybe it does have to do with the nut after all. Not sure. I'm really nitpicking here because I just picked up the guitar and it sounded pretty good... Maybe I should just shut up and play! :)

I kept my stock for about a year before I got round to changing the nut.

There is a definate change in tone, although I believe I got a stonking SE 245 and I was very lucky to be gifted it from some of the guys here!

Back