Zach Myers demoing his AMAZING!! new SE

Those who received one, how you liking it so far? I would love some reviews.

Hey, I received mine today. I still need to set up the intonation, and put some .10's on it, they all ship with .09's. The book match it great on mine. The clear knobs look better in person. I am going to put some pickup covers on it though, I think it is very classy looking!
The only thing is, I have never had a sanded neck before, I have had unfinished necks, I figured that was what this was. It is actually sanded, it was finished, then sanded so the sander got on the fretboard a little, nothing that the lemon oil I use wont fix,

I must say the neck is my favorite neck now, sanded necks are even faster than unfinished necks, feels so good.
Sound wise, its similar to the prs se semi hollow I had last year, in the double cut style, but A little deeper in tone, I am a neck pup guy, it sounds nice and thick, bluesy but with air.
Can't wait so put some alnico ii's in it! Very satisfied!

I have been playing my semi-solid guitar with full sized Seymour Duncan pickups - a JB bridge and '59 neck, both nickel covered.

I have played it cranked up relatively loud thru my Marshall DSL100H into my two by twelve Avatar Vintage cab with twin Eminence Swamp Thang speakers, with zero feedback. This guitar has two "f" holes. It sounds super great.

I would not worry about the Zack Myers SE feeding back at high volume, based just on my own experience with my semi-solid hot humbucking guitar thru the crunch channel on my Marshall.

I really want to get one of these. I need to put a plan together.

Last edited:
Back