Zach Myers demoing his AMAZING!! new SE

nicolasrivera

Dam it PRS i didn't want to buy a new guitar this year, you just made me restless..... This guitar is so beautiful!!!!

Enjoy the video.

SEZMTG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangit, those pickups do sound pretty good in that axe already, from what I can hear from the vid. How am I gonna find brushed covers for those? We all have problems I guess.

A buddy of mine just pre-ordered one of these from Sweetwater the other day, apparently the first shipment is already sold out, expected in early March.

Dangit, those pickups do sound pretty good in that axe already, from what I can hear from the vid. How am I gonna find brushed covers for those? We all have problems I guess.

A buddy of mine just pre-ordered one of these from Sweetwater the other day, apparently the first shipment is already sold out, expected in early March.
Yeah man, I got another set of 53/10s in anticipation but now not so sure if it needs them!

This should put the SE haters to rest.
Very nice guitar, would not mind picking one up for my son since he likes semi hollows.

I think the guitar is a great idea, but I can't stand that color.

If I sell my SCHB II, I'm getting one for sure. Might be a better idea for me since I'm primarily a solid body player.

And this is why I do not shop with them anymore.

I have heard that's is PRS that does not give them the bags. Whether that's because of inappropriate business practices on GCs part, I don't know, but I trust my source and I know that GC doesn't even get the bags anymore.

I have heard that's is PRS that does not give them the bags. Whether that's because of inappropriate business practices on GCs part, I don't know, but I trust my source and I know that GC doesn't even get the bags anymore.

This has been hashed out on this forum, and I believe the word from PRS was that GC ORDERS them without the gig bag at a discount.

This has been hashed out on this forum, and I believe the word from PRS was that GC ORDERS them without the gig bag at a discount.

I know I read through all of that and it's still debatable even after that. Coming from managing a specialty retail business and Knowing how it it works, paired with what I've been told from a reliable person, I'd venture to say that PRS decided to cut it out of their agreement. They may order them that way because that's what they were forced to do. There was a period of time where some came with them and other came without the bag, that was a handful of years ago it seems, but now there are zero coming with bags and it's been that way for a few years now.

i contacted prs ahead of our purchasing my se 245 very recently and asked 4-5 questions, one of them being about gig bags from GC. Every question was answered In detail except for that one which was totally ignored. Follow ups have gone unanswered as well. If it's as simple as cg just orders them that way it would have been easy to say so.

This is bag thing has more too it than that, and from everything I know I'm convinced that even if cg wanted them, they can't get them.

thats not to portray any innocence on GCs part, I'm not defending them in the "prs vs GC bag scam" case or in any other way really. I don't have as much of a problem with GC as some do, but to each his own.

Fwiw, I didn't see any other online dealers stating gig bags were included. And I'd rather a hard case anyway.

I don't know what the deal is with the GC gig bag debacle. I assume GC demands a low wholesale unit price from PRS, and therefore PRS cuts the gig bags out of the deal to make it work financially. If that's the case (pun intended), I can't blame PRS, GC has clout because they're a huge retailer, and PRS knows they need to be in those stores. But it's definitely a ripoff on GC's part, imagine going into a store and finding an SE and falling for it, and maybe you're not getting much of a deal on it, like their default 15% sale. But it's all good, even at normal retail, SE's are a steal, right? You work it all out with the sales guy, walk up to the register with the guitar, and as you watch him start to awkwardly put your new gem up on the hard, dent-dealing tabletop, the wheels turn in your mind, and you say "Oh, can I get the case for this?" and he says, "Sorry, these don't come with a case."

Hmm.

I'm not coughing up an extra $60-70 for a nice case on top of a $600-700 purchase, when I can go to literally any other retailer and get a good deal that includes the case, even if the guitar in hand is a "good one." They're consistent guitars, "good ones" are a dime a dozen. That 15% discount they love to give disappears when you have to pay 10% of it back on a case, then 5+% sales tax as well, depending on where you live. Hey GC employee, nice deal bro. Thanks for hooking me up. In their defense, a few years back when cases were more of a gray area, I got a 15% deal and a gig bag. But from what I've heard and experienced now, they're pretty rare to get at GC. So I only buy an SE from GC if it's a good enough deal that I can buy a case and still save money. Which means they're selling me a guitar for around $500. If it works for them, that's cool I guess. But I would still like to pay a few more dollars and just get the PRS gig bag. Those things are SWEET.

So, Dizzy, if you ever think you might like to have a gig bag, I really recommend you order from a place that can guarantee you one. They're really nice! Plus you can cherry pick an SE from a mom-and-pop retailer online, a lot of times you can see the exact guitar and find one with a KILLER top. Can't tell you how many SE's I've seen from Willcutt with tops that I'd swear were artist grade.

I'm not trying to get in your face about this gig bag thing, that's just how I see it!

Back