Zach Myers adjustable PRS SE bridge - is that USA made?

MikeChandler

Is the stock bridge on the Zach Myers a USA unit? I've taken mine off the guitar, and am examining it... it matches the USA pictures 100%, it appears to be the same thing.

What am I missing?

Did they ship these with USA bridges because there are too few PRS SE with an adjustable bridge to bother tooling for them?

The one that was on mine seemed pretty flimsy for a USA part, but I bought it preowned and it may not have been the original bridge.

The one that was on mine seemed pretty flimsy for a USA part, but I bought it preowned and it may not have been the original bridge.

I'd like to see pics of it. Mine looks like this:

qtzhc9atkaf7anom9zqj.jpg

kyyxqtqqh0tho0ooxtsf.jpg

eajtjplswlrxyywq5k35.jpg

I will have to grab pics of it from my Dad's house later in the week as he maintains our parts stash.

I guess I suck at searches - I did not see that thread before, thanks.

The answer is definitively SE import parts, both the pickups and bridge.

I spoke to PRS (Matt) on the phone today, and he confirmed that. He also said they gave them the full design specs, so the bridges would be indistinguishable appearance-wise, except for the saddles. Everything but the saddles, screws, and the material used are the same spec.

The USA bridge should be lighter, as it's all aluminum. I found one on reverb.com for $130 so I will give it a try. I already swapped pickups, and I am waiting for a set of CTS pots (I have no fear of drilling the holes). I replaced the zinc anchors last night with steel ones.

Thanks!

Back