Zach Myers 3-way toggle lets me down

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
Flipping down to the treble pickup to melt faces with a scorching solo (NOT), I often get very low signal. It's a 2020 model so shouldn't have corrosion, but I've tried Deoxit.

It does work sometimes so it feels like it's probably in the switch mechanicals or contacts.

Any easy fixes or should I just replace it?

And if replace - what's the best drop-in for a ZM so I don't have to ream?

I’m assuming the switch in the Zach is the same as in my Bernie . Their are three switches used the long one the right angle and the short . Most of the SE’s use the right angle but not all the short one fits both so is a safe bet . I bought a gold one made by musiclily which feels very positive compared to the original that had play in it even though the guitar was only a few years old . Very happy with it so much I decided to frame it with a donut I was shocked how much it lifted the overall look
Back to the switch I bought the musiclily one because it had two different colour tips with it it’s available on Amazon oh remember you need the METRIC version .

Yeah, I have a brand-new S2 594 Thinline that does that same thing. It works most of the time but not always. Sometimes I flip it and... nothing. I slap it back and forth until it behaves. I won't be gigging it any time soon so it's a nuisance that i probably won't get around to dealing with properly. I have an identical-feeling switch in a Warmoth build that does it too.

Just put the switches they’re cheap enough even if you are lousy at soldering like me it’s not a hard job or a cheap job at an electronics job if you don’t have the iron etc .

SE and S2 switches are so temperamental that it’s frustrating that they usually need replacements. Easily worth the upgrade to get a new one. Not that expensive and only a few pieces to solder. Just make sure to order metric or be prepared to make some tiny mods to your guitar.

Back