Zach Myeres Backorder?

Annaxes

Subterranean Homesick Alien
Been wanting one forever! Ordered one from musicians friend last month and it was supposed to ship the 9th of January but that just got pushed till May. Not happy i wonder whats the deal with the 6+ month wait?

Last edited:
That guitar is always on back order. There are a few smaller dealers listed here on the forum that have them in stock.

It seems the bridge and the tuners are a source of long lead times. Rumor also has it the 2015 version has an American made bridge. ZM was seen on YouTube talking about the American bridge.

Cheers'

Steve

Been wanting one forever! Ordered one from musicians friend last month and it was supposed to ship the 9th of January but that just got pushed till May. Not happy i wonder whats the deal with the 6+ month wait?
Which finish are you looking for?/

Guitar Center Sacramento has one on their wall for weeks now. VSB though.

Also try contacting Mantova's Two Street Music in Eureka CA. They have the best selection of PRS guitars, especially the Standards, SEs (Indo and Korea), S2's and a few cores. See if they still have a ZM (They did have both TG and VSB a few months ago when I walked in.

Guitar Center Sacramento has one on their wall for weeks now. VSB though.

Also try contacting Mantova's Two Street Music in Eureka CA. They have the best selection of PRS guitars, especially the Standards, SEs (Indo and Korea), S2's and a few cores. See if they still have a ZM (They did have both TG and VSB a few months ago when I walked in.
Got one coming in green shipping saturday from MF. Excited for my first prs

not in the green for whatever reason that ones back order is longggggggg

Probably because we're coming out of the holiday season when just about everybody's stock was depleted. The trampas green finish is also one of the things that model's known for, so I suspect it's more popular than VSB. (For instance, I'd much rather have a ZM in trampas green than VSB, partly because I just like green finishes and partly because I already have a Bernie Marsden in VSB.)

fwiw - I was at NStuff Music today and we were talking about the ZM model. The guitar manager (Jason) told me, they can't get them as the original manufacturer of the adjustable tailpiece stop making it and PRS is working through a new manufacturer and the sample, quality control process.

I ordered one from GC before Christmas. Trampas green. The GC site is still showing a ship date of 1/23. I ordered on 12/14.

Did you get notification from musicians friend that your ship date is pushed until may or are you just going off the ship date listed on the site currently?

I figure that they may have sold the stock they have for the 1/9 shipment and any new orders will go out in may.

If anyone knows differently p!ease let us know.

not sure if this is out of place, moderator please advice if so….

I have a VSB in stock brand new and a mint USED TG available… for those searching.

Zach does a stage-used promo with his signature models. His website said the green was unavailable for their UK tour. I wonder if even he can't get a hold of any right now.

at the end of december i bought a VSB. but although it played awesome, i sent it back just to have the TG one. couldn't get it from Germany but i saw in Belgium there were 3 stores who had them in stock... after some google searching i saw there are still some in stock in the UK, Belgium, holland :)-

The TG is almost always on backorder. I had one on order from GC (20% off coupon around the holidays!) and found out that the backorder was until may. I saw one go up on reverb yesterday and it had the prettiest top I've see on a ZM. I snatched it up immediately and cancelled my order with GC.

There are a few around that have the VSB in stock though. Good luck!

Back