Zach Meyers Replacement

It just doesn't make any sense that if the guitars are going through MD, they would still be coming out bad....

I spoke with someone at PRS about this and they told me this. I paraphrase... " The ZM has been a huge hit and the SE line overall has seen more orders. We are trying to hire more QC people to fill the need. It is difficult to find those who know guitars (preferably someone who can play) and knows what to look for. It is not something you can easily train someone for and expect good results quickly enough".
Texquin, I am just saying don't be so quick to think PRS is going to sink the ship like the others have mostly done to some degree or another. With the information I shared with you, know they are aware of the problem and are working to address it on many fronts. That goes a long way and says alot for the company. There will always be setbacks in anything we do. How you respond to them tells the true story of a man, or a company for that matter. Peace!

It just doesn't make any sense that if the guitars are going through MD, they would still be coming out bad....

I get that a few could get through that aren't up to snuff but for Sweetwater to tell me they were going to let me cherry pick mine, then pick it "just for me" without my knowledge and then to tell me that this one has issues and all the others are gone including the good ones (including your replacement) is absurd. If this new guitar has any issues it's going back and that's it for them otherwise as soon as this purchase is done I am done with them anyway. I've never experienced such terrible customer service. They even tried to tell me that my tastes were too expensive and that I should look at a difference price range because I was expecting too much. F%$^ those people. I hope PRS gets their issues worked out too but I'm mostly miffed at SW if you can't tell. :)

As it appears. You should be.

Yeah, what I have found with SW is that they have really great customer service up to the point that something goes wrong. Not sure what the breakdown is there but I've seen this phenomenon several times and they just don't seem to have a system in place to properly deal with actual customer service issues. If everything goes as planned though, they are wonderful.

We are trying to hire more QC people to fill the need.
Hmmmm... I wonder if I can convince my wife we should quit our jobs and sell our house and move our family to Maryland so I can work QC on the SE line. And also convince all the grandparents to sell their houses and move as well. And also our drummer and his family.

Yeah, what I have found with SW is that they have really great customer service up to the point that something goes wrong. Not sure what the breakdown is there but I've seen this phenomenon several times and they just don't seem to have a system in place to properly deal with actual customer service issues. If everything goes as planned though, they are wonderful.

Yeah I agree. That's been my experience also. This is the first time I've had issues with them but to be lied to, talked down to and then they attempt to upsell me to something 5 times the price because "I expect too much from my instrument at this price point" is enough to make me move on. I'm only dealing with them because I can finance it long enough without interested to shuffle some gear out to pay it off right away. After this I'm never ordering anything from them again.

A good friend had an experience with them eerily similar to yours and he literally had to take his issue all the way to the owner of the company to get a satisfactory resolution. I had a credit from them and recently purchased some accessories, but from what I have seen and heard I don't think I would buy and instrument or amplifier from them.

Hmmmm... I wonder if I can convince my wife we should quit our jobs and sell our house and move our family to Maryland so I can work QC on the SE line. And also convince all the grandparents to sell their houses and move as well. And also our drummer and his family.
If you like high humidity and high taxes, then by all means come join us.

A good friend had an experience with them eerily similar to yours and he literally had to take his issue all the way to the owner of the company to get a satisfactory resolution. I had a credit from them and recently purchased some accessories, but from what I have seen and heard I don't think I would buy and instrument or amplifier from them.

You are the second person to tell me something like this. lol

But I feel like I am detracting from what should be an otherwise awesome thread about a ZM this isn't messed up so I'm going to let the OP have his thread back and my apologies for any derailment I may have caused. :)

Itzed, Don't forget to tell him that Maryland currently has the best school system in the country, and it's still cheaper than California. Can't beat the crabs and oysters.

How much backlog is there in QC that flawed instruments are getting out, couldn't they get some of the core QC guys (or even execs) to put in some overtime to get these checked out properly?

I get that a few could get through that aren't up to snuff but for Sweetwater to tell me they were going to let me cherry pick mine, then pick it "just for me" without my knowledge and then to tell me that this one has issues and all the others are gone including the good ones (including your replacement) is absurd. If this new guitar has any issues it's going back and that's it for them otherwise as soon as this purchase is done I am done with them anyway. I've never experienced such terrible customer service. They even tried to tell me that my tastes were too expensive and that I should look at a difference price range because I was expecting too much. F%$^ those people. I hope PRS gets their issues worked out too but I'm mostly miffed at SW if you can't tell. :)

Sounds like Sweetwater screwed up and sold the rest before letting you pic. And they're throwing PRS under the bus as an excuse for their screw-up...

And to those who insist on being rude, knock it off...

How much backlog is there in QC that flawed instruments are getting out, couldn't they get some of the core QC guys (or even execs) to put in some overtime to get these checked out properly?

If that's actually the case...

Back