Your Thoughts On A Trade....McCarty For Ce22

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slang05, Dec 8, 2012.

1. slang05

slang05 Guest

Yeah, the guy I swapped with was a drummer..the story on this guitar is I got this last year thru a few trades, traded to him for a Wolfgang..and then he put it underneath his bed. After I got the McCarty I realized it wasn't for me (I've had several McCartys that I really liked, but not this one!) so I emailed him (because of my GAS, I keep all emails on trades!) and asked if he wanted to trade...I basically I told him he'd probably get a bit more out of the McCarty so we swapped. I got back a guitar that I had liked which is more inline with my style, lost a bit on value..but gained a lot in need. I really wanted a Swiss army guitar..something I could get a strat/tele tone and something I could get a good rock tone on..and I like e Dragons a. It more when coil tapped than the McCartys.

2. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

The DII neck pup sounds great when split, so says me.

3. slang05

slang05 Guest

Agreed!

4. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

Wow, that's beautiful! I generally like the less figured tops on the CEs more than what you'd find on a Custom. That one is perfect! The color is fantastic too.

I also like D2 neck pickups. It was the 1st neck humbucker I ever liked.

5. slang05

slang05 Guest

Thanks man...I have played a ton over the last few days..this guitar for its age...feels unplayed. Needs to be broken like a wild horse!

6. Baimun

Baimun New Member

I think you made the right trade. That's a really sweet CE!