"Your signature is XX characters too long"

andross182

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this a left over issue from the previous forum migration? I seem to be unable to adjust my signature, I even tried to edit my current one and just resave it and get the same error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Same here, I tried to change the path to an updated pic showing all my gear, and it would not let me, as it said my sig was too long.
What I ended up doing was changing the new pic name to the old one.

The previous forum allowed a longer sig line, this o e does not, but James can adjust that.
I would like to update my sig with my newest S2, but cannot right now until the permissions get updated.

Same problems here. Tried to create a signature, but the forum would only allow a Very short one, so I abandoned the idea.

Kevin

I added a second sentence to my sig, and it was only 7 characters too long -- perhaps you guys just need to be a little less loquacious? :p

My original signature migrated from wherever it came from but I tried to edit it by removing a guitar I'd sold and it said it was too large (even though I'd removed text) I thought the admin had set a different max value but maybe that's the default on the new set up? I ended up minimising my signature in the end.

Curious. I tried to change mine and it does the same thing. Not very user friendly. Kept my old one.

I got my sig from Sergio and thankfully it allows the whole thing. Classic!

The funniest part to me is how my screen name shows. On every PC I've tried and my ipad, my screen name shows as

DreamTheaterRul
es

LOL

I'll check again on my iPad, but I've been logged in from three different PCs today and it's always...

DreamTheaterRul
es

So, HTC has me one step closer to being whole. :)

So what are the Dream Theater rules? Never say in 12 minutes what can be said in 13? An album a year? Make sure every musician is playing at their absolute best?

(Aye keed, aye keed -- I am reminded of that skit on SNL when Michael Caine was hosting, an audience member kept jumping up and yelling out "Cider House Rules!")

Back