Your Post-Holiday Savings Purchase Posts...

Chilli powder should never be used in anything. You should always mix your own flavours.

To be used with (wait for it) chili con carne, and BBQ rubs. Try it mixed with garlic powder, maple sugar, Hungarian paprika, ground cumin, Coleman's dry mustard, kosher or No-Salt, & ground black pepper. You can swap out the chili for chipotle if desired. It's called Maple Chipotle Rub. Awesome pork chop or rib rub.

This is the correct proportions:

1 cup maple sugar (Whole Foods, or Amazon)
¼ cup kosher or No-Salt
2 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
2 tbsp chipotle powder (chili powder can be substituted)
2 tbsp granulated garlic
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp Coleman’s dry mustard
1 tbsp coarse ground black pepper

To be used with (wait for it) chili con carne, and BBQ rubs. Try it mixed with garlic powder, maple sugar, Hungarian paprika, ground cumin, Coleman's dry mustard, kosher or No-Salt, & ground black pepper. You can swap out the chili for chipotle if desired. It's called Maple Chipotle Rub. Awesome pork chop or rib rub.

This is the correct proportions:

1 cup maple sugar (Whole Foods, or Amazon)
¼ cup kosher or No-Salt
2 tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika
2 tbsp chipotle powder (chili powder can be substituted)
2 tbsp granulated garlic
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp Coleman’s dry mustard
1 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
I know what people use chili powder for. I just don’t believe in it. Or granulated garlic - chopping up garlic cloves is so much more civilized, and it gives better protection against vampires.

I know what people use chili powder for. I just don’t believe in it. Or granulated garlic - chopping up garlic cloves is so much more civilized, and it gives better protection against vampires.

I prefer garlic cloves when making sauces, roasts, or similar. I've never given a thought about vampires though. Bram Stoecker had a vivid imagination. Vlad the Impaler was the story model. So much to be said about classical literature.

I'd guess that sometimes we each wear a number of different hats. And sometimes we play imaginary roles in our own heads. Sometimes we learn to treat ourselves and others the way they'd wish to be treated. Sometimes it doesn't work out so well.

I kind of see myself as a type of "provider" occasionally. You can do the rest of the math.

Last edited:
Back