Your Pedal of Choice : Delay Pedals

Harker1440

Lets talk about delay pedals, what do you use and where in the signal chain do you place yours.

Right now I'm using 2 delays in my serial effects loop. My go to delay is the Handwired Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay which is a great delay for soloing and lately Ive added a VFE Blueprint which is almost like the deep blue delay but it has an added adjustable volume control which can be used as a solo boost as well

I love my El Capistan and Carbon Copy. They are both on my board right now. I have a DD-7 and Boss Space Echo. Love the Space Echo! Want to get an Echorec! They go at the end...like they're supposed to! :)

I have 2, an Analogman AR20DL I use in front of my Dallas II and Tweed Deluxe and a Digitech Hardwire i run in the loops of my Marshalls.

not a Delay guy, but I just got TC Electronics Flashback 4X and it has everything I need and more. I also like T Rex Replica too

Diamond Memory Lane 2 and Empress Superdelay on my board

With lots of gain going on I have to run my delay pedal in the amp's effects loop else it sounds like a disaster.

I dig the Strymon El Capistan.

I also really liked the Strymon TimeLine but that thing gave me option paralysis.

I use to have a Carl Martin Quattro, non-tremolo version, and the delay in that thing was godly. All the effects in it were actually. I miss it.

Hughes & Kettner Replex(tube driven analogish echoplex simulator with a side of reverb) has been on my board for almost 10 years.
Bought it new at a fair but high price, and I pay for it in weight and pedalboard real estate to this day, as it is HUGE and HEAVY...

but worth it... ;)

I too picked up the TC Flashback 4X and I like it a lot.
I gave my Wampler Faux Tape Echo to my younger son to use with his guitar.

The TC one has a looper built in too which makes it nice.

For years, I used to have a Boss DD3 attached at the very end of my signal chain. Nowadays, I don't use effects live so much anymore.

El Cap here, wanted a Time line but the options are.... are.... are........are.............

Back