Your house is on fire and you only have time to grab one guitar...

This is, of course, the correct real life answer.
I wouldn’t go out of my way to grab anything escaping.
I’ve literally lost everything but the clothes I was wearing to a house fire and managed ok.
And, I can say from experience, 3rd degree burns suck big time.

Truth be told, I don’t remember if I grabbed my PRS. 20 some years ago I lived in the second story of an apartment building that started on fire in the lower level. Woke in the middle of the night to fire alarms. Didn’t know what was going on. Went to door, opened to tons of smoke and hall alarms flashing and blaring. Quickly shut the door, grabbed girlfriend and our pets. Crawled hands & knees down smoke filled hall feeling my way to the exit down the stairs. Got outside and coughed for what felt like forever. Scary stuff for sure. Luckily I didn’t lose anything besides some blankets that were covered with soot and ash from the fire fighters sweeping the building. I feel for you losing everything and can’t imagine the pain of the burns.

Peter, Vaughn, horrible for you!

Burns are the worst!

Hey dont forget, we gotta save the triangle too.
preview.jpg

Someone tell Paul to get to work on unlocking the dark, tonal secrets of the triangle.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t dying. I live in an apt building. Between my son and I we have a ridiculous amount of gear. When the fire alarm goes off, I stay with the gear, he leaves. We’re on the second floor, so I could jump out a window. My keeper would be my PRS Johnny Hiland, but I’d throw the rest out the window before I left.

As "modest" as it might be in these parts, I'd have to say it'd be my McCarty 58 artist top with 57/08 pickups. Just a stellar, stellar guitar. (Or honestly one of my Martins, but it'd be a tough call.)
That' modest? That's a dream guitar for most people.

I would grab my 25th Anniversary Custom 24. It's not my favorite or most beautiful PRS (hello ME) but it was my first PRS. More importantly, it was a gift from my wife and daughter.

Back