Your house is on fire and you only have time to grab one guitar...

As "modest" as it might be in these parts, I'd have to say it'd be my McCarty 58 artist top with 57/08 pickups. Just a stellar, stellar guitar. (Or honestly one of my Martins, but it'd be a tough call.)

I'll grab my Santana Brazilian, and send the wife and children back in to get the other three. If they're quick enough on their feet, their burns should be minor.

You and Kirk Hammett! :D:rolleyes: I'm sure Kirk's list had "Greenie" at the top of his list!

Kirk Hammett Reveals Which Guitar He Saved From Wildfires First

"My wife and I had literally like 10 minutes to go in and just grab whatever out of our house and evacuate," Hammett recalled. "So we went in there—okay, she went in there and grabbed a bunch of stuff. I gave her a list of my guitars and she grabbed all of them."

Humm, tough one...
If it were this morning I'd say my recent Aqua Violet Glow CU24-08, but that's an easy one since it's the only PS in the house.
By tonight I would have to choose between that and a Paul's 85. The CU24-08 would still win, most likely.
In a few weeks, once my Bats in Flight custom build comes back from PRS' tech center, then that's be tougher but the CU24-08 would still win as that Bats in Flight is pretty easy to redo.

At the end of the day though, I'd grab the pets well before I even think about a guitar.
However pretty those guitars are, it's just wood.

I may experience a change in my answer to this question early next week...for the same reason...

For now....I am reasonably certain that I can quickly grab and carry four guitars...just as quickly as one...

WFo3t8y.jpg

TPYBuLB.jpg

4VCk5V0.jpg

RxG8mtu.jpg

And I’m working on some way to carry this one in my teeth...

sRS6eds.jpg

Remember the scene from “Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure” when he comes out of the burning pet store with all of the snakes in his hands?
That would be me, but with guitar cases. :D

I'm dead because I couldn't choose.
Here lies (what's left of) Dave.
He couldn't decide between his guitars which single one to save.
P22, so versatile! No wait
594 Soapy, the tone... um
594 WL, such a beauty... er
Mira, the rock machine... uh
Silver Sky, killer S type...
McRosie, so classic...
Oh man... Like I said, I'm dead

Since Bodia played by the rules, I will too. (One of my very minor pet peeves is when people start a thread saying "name only your #1 pedal, or guitar, or amp" and 80% of the posters name more than one. ) But, I did answer honestly. Like Tosca, I know I can carry two cases in one hand because I've done it before, so I could save 4. Add to that the fact that 3 of them were gifts from my wife, so those three are saved before anything else.

But, in the Bodia-inspired spirit of fairness, I'll say that if I COULD only grab one, I'd grab the 25th Anniversary Custom 22 Semi-hollow Limited. My custom 22 and Custom 24 are both replaceable. That one would be tough to replace, and is really special anyway. Don't be fooled by the bad pic in the "blue guitar" thread. It's got a beautiful top, just hard to photograph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back