Your house is on fire and you only have time to grab one guitar...

This would be close I suppose, owing to its ultra rare solid African Blackwood neck and inherent tone. Paul was on record saying the African Blackwood neck blank is the rarest timber/tone wood he’s seen in his long career and he’d only ever got hold of two pieces.

Oh hell I’m just gonna burn.
lWIU8KQ.jpg
xzUvtT6.jpg
VasB0jz.jpg
fdB0lXm.jpg

Last edited:
Humm, tough one...
If it were this morning I'd say my recent Aqua Violet Glow CU24-08, but that's an easy one since it's the only PS in the house.
By tonight I would have to choose between that and a Paul's 85. The CU24-08 would still win, most likely.
In a few weeks, once my Bats in Flight custom build comes back from PRS' tech center, then that's be tougher but the CU24-08 would still win as that Bats in Flight is pretty easy to redo.

At the end of the day though, I'd grab the pets well before I even think about a guitar.
However pretty those guitars are, it's just wood.

As crazy as it sounds, I’d grab the S-style partscaster I assembled from parts sourced from various vendors. It has everything I like and nothing
I don’t.

PRS quality is so consistent, I can replace any of my PRSi pretty easily.

If I could only save a PRS it would be my PS 594. Understated as far as Private Stock guitars go but it's a killer playing guitar. The reality is I'd probably be grabbing my 55 Tele because it's not very cost effective to replace vintage guitars.

Since the rules say "one", it would be the Westie

c5ebHW1.jpg

I'm strangely attracted to the Westie which is odd considering I've never even played one. It's one of the few guitars that I really desire.

I'm strangely attracted to the Westie which is odd considering I've never even played one. It's one of the few guitars that I really desire.
Fantastic guitars. I never wanted one, or a Santana, until I played Sergio’s White Westie. Ten minutes and I was hooked.

Back