Your help needed: custom wood spare parts?

MrSuperstar

Blues Lawyer
Hi guys,
I would like to make a small upgrade to my PRS Private Stock McCarty 594 Hollowbody II: its toggle cap, 2 pickup frames and 4 volume/tone lampshade knobs currently are all made of plastic, I would like a custom work completely made of ebony wood (I just forgot to ask it when I placed my Private Stock order, also the Private Stock department said they don't sell spare parts.
After a search I was able to find a German company that does beautiful woodwork, but I still need your help.

1) I can't figure out if the proper pickup frames are these (they say only suitable for tremolo-equipped guitars, so I suppose not) or these (they say suitable for stoptail-equipped guitars, but the HB II doesn't has a stoptail, it has a two-piece Bridge). So, none of those is suitable for my HB II, right?

2) Another doubt concerns lampshade knobs: I would like to replace those PRS knobs with their same version made of ebony wood, but I can't figure out if their 100% aesthetically matching version is this first one or this second one? Seems the first one to me.

Thanks for your kind attention, I wait for your help.

Last edited:
I've bought a couple of bits from crazy parts - wood back cover, different switch tips etc and some vintage style pickup covers for a different guitar. All good stuff.
Not sure about your pickup rings though I suspect it will be the stop tail option. The best bet is to find an email address and ask them the question, probably with a picture of your guitar for good measure.
The lampshade knobs looks like the first option to me

Back