Your favorite s2?

horax

Which s2 do you prefer and why?

I only own the one singlecut standard, but it's amazing in every way.
I'm very seriously thinking about another S2, but am kind of torn between the vela and starla.

What are your thoughts on the different s2 line, and which do YOU like and why?

The seafoam Starla
IPdjbc4.jpg

Velas are the best, Starlas second... Starlas might rank higher if they weren't shat all over by the Core version, which is really an order of magnitude better... but still a cool guitar that sounds good and is fun to play.

Love the Starla. I love the whole concept of the S2 line. While I love ogling the beautiful Core and Private Stock models, I can't see myself actually pulling the trigger on one unless I could get it for a steal. I'm a diehard bottom feeder for guitars and amps. I have one Core guitar (that i got for a song. Was listed as an S2 from GC) that never leaves the case, but with gigging, and three little kids, I can leave the guitar on the stand and not have a complete heart attack when someone looks at it funny.

Last edited:
I've only briefly owned an S2 CU24, which I can't really complain about. I think my current favorite would be the moss green s2 single cut semi hollow. If I were in the market for one right now, that would be the first one I'd buy.

Back