YOUR FAVORITE PRS MODEL. IF YOU CAN OWN ONE AND ONLY???

If I have more than one on hand, The Hammer of the Gods is still my "most me" guitar.

But given the premise of this thread, if I could only own one, and only one, it would be this; it's the most amazingly versatile guitar I've ever owned or played, and it sounds absolutely killer. The guitar sustains like crazy, rivals The Hammer in oomph/power, plays like a dream, and has more classic tones on tap than I know what to do with:

P24 trem done up like my CU24 30th (85/15's, satin maple neck, African Blackwood board).

Tom

If I have more than one on hand, The Hammer of the Gods is still my "most me" guitar.

But given the premise of this thread, if I could only own one, and only one, it would be this; it's the most amazingly versatile guitar I've ever owned or played, and it sounds absolutely killer. The guitar sustains like crazy, rivals The Hammer in oomph/power, plays like a dream, and has more classic tones on tap than I know what to do with:

Yep, DC trems in a short scale (e.g. santana) work out for me for the same reason. Great tone recipe.

Thats a neck/fb combo I'm very interested in, what's your take on that one?

Supposedly, African Blackwood is denser/harder than IRW, if not quite so much as Ebony. It feels and sounds to my ears very similar to Ebony. The satin birdseye maple neck is soooo fast and comfy! I just know this combo with the 85/15 pickups is the finest electric guitar I have ever owned, and if it had a Piezo trem I would rarely play any of my other electrics.

Tom

DGT. Please don't make me choose which of my DGTs. Though, if I had to, it would be the 09 tobacco Sunburst. It has a tiny bit more attitude to it than the the other two do.

Hollowbody with piezo would be a close second.

Of the guitars I own, it would be my P24 trem.

If I could just order or find one with the specs I wanted as my one and only: either a P24 trem semi-hollow, P245 semi-hollow, or full HB II, with coil-split added, quilt top (and back if possible), probably some kind of fade finish, and either a BRW board and hog neck or maple board and neck, or maybe ebony board and RW neck? Necks are the most difficult for me, since I do like the classic combo of RW+Hog, but I also like pure maple for that stratty sound.

Even though I'm primarily an electric player I'm gonna be weird and say that if I could only have one PRS to play for the rest of my life it would be Trinity my USA Angelus Standard. She is simply magical and doesn't require an amp!

001.jpg

Last edited:
Markie's double neck. And an ice cream from around the corner and down the street. It loosens me up a bit.

DGT for me, although I do like the DC 245 and I recently tried out a new C22 that was surprisingly cool. Just one though..DGT for me!! I own two, a PS and a Goldtop. The Goldtop model has better sounding splits than the PS model.
RonnieD

Title says it all. If you can only have one and only PRS, what model would it be????
Being that I own only one, you could say this applies to me. lol

It's a 408. Since I got it I've become much more aware of PRS, and have tried out many others. A 513 I tried sounded great.... but the 408 sounds great and unique, and iMO is cosmetically prettier than any other PRS.

Xc3jl0GuPPqUJOB3hFSupitxgN2BXrg4aYPQPglZF-PBm7ZGOFHkXh8_ALcsKZX1EMKr8XWqew3shmhZi3KguNtuZl5C-DpuT95X0rVriL-1EpE7GtKcWTUjZWalzS37qSUTv6EPqZMszYkuOHY7kektRJAE13eafu5A-fCBX9BQFL41YN75SXOIZvblaXzJoaL7dSYqthu9eylbRN9C9y4pmIvQnuxReBHhzyzoib1X3c8BS-DrFaIkjoGZutdlga0ezHkvNkWGIbpmTGiFaHFKm_6Kk9vV3o88A38nNbURBPOlMjGNBEXKLM_Nd7pennTK-ohQdRsoDtHEvWGRIeRJhrD1ViQ2CKCsEhcWYn0XvLudF8U9cLjKo_bpRJuRM1PfBCgsfFA0_khz3fa285k2PfelgDUaaFI7OQsjL3jgrvQXPEzplbjodUHAe6SYjSIYlBTu0fe_E_RIM2UkSNYwWvTPRElf1v4iDH8pyLKF1rVt2nBB1EFoQreGnSXICShfIxwafDowU_lySGE5JdwzPOY1Fh756FO_09_-3IwmAXhy0BWcUVQt-7SW8cEMhlyXpw=w726-h971-no

The PRS that would and could make me happy every time I grab it, has already been built and sold. Fortunately I´m the lucky owner.
If I have a feeling of growing GAS towards other guitars, I plug it in, play a while by switching through modes and pup positions.
And then I realize: Everything is good. My 513 MT is enough. The tone is nice, the versality of sounds, the shade, the shaping, the neck feel.
Therefore: Why should I seek for another guitar when I´m fully satisfied?

If I HAD to pick only one, It would be a P24, stoptail or trem...probably stoptail if I could pick.

I'm old, and haven't played a PRS, but for a satin S2 in a local store, which was all they had.
I'm saving for a PS, double cut in either a McCarty, Violin II, or a 594.

I'm thinking it will be about $8K+ or -. I'm too old to start collecting again, but I am hoping the one I pick to be built will satisfy me.

I play in a commercial band, so anything semi-hollow, or hollow is out.

Can anyone chime in and tell me the difference in tone between a maple neck/rosewood board and a IRW or other type rosewood neck with a rosewood board, please, all else being equal? I haven't been able to understand how these different neck woods will affect the tone I might be looking for.
My fret board preference would be brazzy.

Thank you.

Back