Your Favorite PRS Amp for Cleans?

If it was me, the 50W 2-Channel Custom would certainly be a contender. Of course, for really over-the-top squeaky clean sounds with no breakup, ever, and the most crisp tone...

You really need the headroom of 100 Watts if you’re playing live.

So if that’s what I want to do, and I want a PRS amp, I get an Archon, and run a reverb in the effects loop.

Of course, that’s not what I do personally when I want a clean sound. I’m crazy enough to lower the gain on one of my PRS amps, and just crank the master volume all the way up.

If I want a clean sound other than PRS (this is not often), I set my Lone Star to 100 Watts, and use the solid state rectifier. The only drawback is that it’s that Mesa clean, which is nice, but kind of its own thing, though with an EQ pedal I can get what I want. Other 100 Watt clean amps that really sound great are the Two-Rock Classic Reverb Sig 100Ws, and other TR variants. I have no idea what they go for on the used market. It’s a gorgeous clean tone.

I can send you a short video showing the clean channel range. I thought I still had the one from my loudness test, but I’m not finding it anywhere. Might still be on my Instagram feed, although I had to shorten that clip.

Sigh... you guys are making me want my Custom 50 back.

(Ok, that was a lame attempt to blame what I already knew on others. But thanks for being there for me when I needed you!)

Further to sonzerra, Im gonna go Leftfield on this alternative suggestion, ive just ordered a new HX stomp, pedal sized helix with enough cpu juice to do reverb, delay, amp & couple effects....might be a shout

Or if you want super clean tone and absolutely nothing else, you can try plugging in your guitar to the effects return on a tube amp.

MDT is pretty hard to find, which is unfortunate.

my cat (freewill southern baptist) has the same puke habits; we surely are more alike than unalike.

Back