Your favorite .11s and why?

90sMcCarty

I've been playing DR Pure Blues .11s (.11-.50) for a long time (about 20yrs), and it's been so long that I can't even recall the last time I tried anything different, really tried, on my own guitar...

I have no complaints with the DRs. But maybe there's something else just as good but different, or maybe even better? I haven't kept up with what's new in strings, I might be missing out, or not?

What do you like in .11s, and why?

I've been playing DR Pure Blues .11s (.11-.50) for a long time (about 20yrs), and it's been so long that I can't even recall the last time I tried anything different, really tried, on my own guitar...

I have no complaints with the DRs. But maybe there's something else just as good but different, or maybe even better? I haven't kept up with what's new in strings, I might be missing out, or not?

What do you like in .11s, and why?

Try a set of Thomastic Infelds

http://m.juststrings.com/toi-pb111.html

Expensive yes.....worth it? I think so.

My personal preference are things like Thomastik Infelds and Rotosound, but there isn't a "better", there is only personal preference. So I would try two things -- one, an incremental step, like D'Addario EXP or NYXL. Or go completely bonkers and get Ernie Balls.

Back