Your fav band and why?

Lola

❤️guitar
Tell us who your favourite band is and why? Just curious.

My all time favourite band will always be ACDC. They have got me through some pretty tough times in life. While Angus is not a technical wizard he does have some killer chops. I have listened to them for 40 years and they never get old. Besides they and EVH inspired me to pick up the guitar 11 years ago and here I am.

Jefferson Airplane.

Not that they were all that good though.

Their guitar players were out of tune, (Jorma always sounded angry)
and their harmonies sounded like a bunch of people yelling in the street.

(Jack Casady was and is still amazing though.)

but for me, I spent June 67 to December 68 in LA and SF and was heavily involved in "1967/1968".
When I hear an Airplane song it instantly triggers a flood of memories from that time of my life.

Those 19 months changed me from who I was to who I am.

To this day people say,
"When you left you were Anthony and when you came back you were Tony".

So yeah, Jefferson Airplane, and everything that came/went with them in that time period.

Last edited:
It's varied a bit over the years, but if I was forced to pick an all-time favorite it's The Black Crowes. Rich's tone and Marc's lead playing just fill me with warmth and happiness. Their album "Three Snakes and One Charm" helped me survive my divorce - not sure I'd've made it without non-stop listening to it. Chris's voice is amazing, and Eddie Harsch (RIP) was fantastic on organ and piano - though sometimes under utilized IMO. Steve Gorman's drumming is perfect for them, and while they had a variety of bass players they were always solid. They just hit that sweet spot for me.

Other contenders that have held the top spot at one time or another:
Yes
Phish
Foo Fighters
Rush
The Kinks
Triumph

Marillion

The first 4 albums became such a huge reflection of my own emotional state while in High School and military service. I was able to relate to every lyric and concept expressed in their music. Everything beyond the first four was good and at times relateable, but it was the first four that really locked into my psyche.

Marillion

The first 4 albums became such a huge reflection of my own emotional state while in High School and military service. I was able to relate to every lyric and concept expressed in their music. Everything beyond the first four was good and at times relateable, but it was the first four that really locked into my psyche.

The Fish-era albums are stunning. I love them so much. I do like the later material with Hogarth, but it never captivated me like the early stuff. Just mentioning them means I'm going to go listen to "Clutching at Straws" three or four times this afternoon :D.

The Fish-era albums are stunning. I love them so much. I do like the later material with Hogarth, but it never captivated me like the early stuff. Just mentioning them means I'm going to go listen to "Clutching at Straws" three or four times this afternoon :D.
Misplaced Childhood was my first and favorite of the Fish era collection. It is/was the narrative of my life when I was in high school and late teens.

Misplaced Childhood was my first and favorite of the Fish era collection. It is/was the narrative of my life when I was in high school and late teens.

What kills me is that I saw them on that tour, opening for Rush - and I was only familiar with Kayleigh at that point in time. They played the album in its entirety, straight through - and I didn't appreciate it because it felt like they were never switching songs, since I hadn't heard the whole album. I can't express how badly I want to go back in time and see that show again!!

Care to take a guess????

Ywl5xs0.jpg

What kills me is that I saw them on that tour, opening for Rush - and I was only familiar with Kayleigh at that point in time. They played the album in its entirety, straight through - and I didn't appreciate it because it felt like they were never switching songs, since I hadn't heard the whole album. I can't express how badly I want to go back in time and see that show again!!
I had 3 opportunities to see them near me that year. I missed everyone. I did not get to see them live until 2018 for the F.E.A.R. tour. It was the first time in 25 years that the played in Buffalo.

I had 3 opportunities to see them near me that year. I missed everyone. I did not get to see them live until 2018 for the F.E.A.R. tour. It was the first time in 25 years that the played in Buffalo.

I got to see and meet them on both the Seasons' End and Holidays in Eden tours. So, never met Fish nor saw him again, but both of those tours were fantastic. My buddy was a college radio DJ at the time and was able to schedule interviews, which is how I met them.

Nice! How do you like the 20th Anniversary JP? I recently grabbed a 2021 JP15. I contemplated the 20th, but the finished neck turned me off.

The finished mahogany neck was a let down for me when I first saw the specs for the 20th. I bought it purely for sentimental reasons. BUT, I have come to adore this guitar, which is a bonus. I prefer the waxed maple but these finished Music Man necks are similarly playable to finished PRS necks. At least in my opinion. I never notice it.

I had a JP15 for a hot second. It was the teal regular production model. I really hated that guitar. I think the combination of the all maple neck with those illuminator pickups just made it rather unbalanced tonally to me. Way too much presence for my liking.

Back